Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jewel2935 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 08:15 PM
    A father abandons his children
    We have been separated 8 months, he hasn't seen the kids (4) ages 8,6,5,3 in over 6 months we had a custody hearing in sept and he still hasn't seen them after attempting to get joint custody which he did not. I have no idea where he is, now is taking me back for a decrease in child support he only pays 600/mth now for 4 children, my question is if I broke our custody agrrement by not letting him see them I would be in contempt of the order and could face a fine or jail what does he get if he doesn't follow the agreement.
    72redlevite Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 10:29 PM
    You should call the county court house you went to for the custody hearing and ask the Clerk of the Court. They can and will usually give quick straight forward information or the number to some one who can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Courts do not take kindly to fathers who don't pay child support. $600/mth for 4 kids does not sound like an unreasonable amount. He can try to get it reduced, but I doubt if it will fly. All you need to do is show that you need that much by showing a budget and receipts etc.

If he doesn't pay, the court can and will garnish his salary.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel2935
    my question is if i broke our custody agrrement by not letting him see them i would be in contempt of the order and could face a fine or jail what does he get if he doesnt follow the agreement.
    Yes, you would and could. If he doesn't follow the agreement that that could be grounds for having it modified by the court, But until that happens, the order is as it stands and if you refuse to let him see the kids in accordance with it, then yes you are in contempt of court and could potentially face a fine or jail time.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 19, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Jail time for not paying his child support hopefully! He sounds like a deadbeat that doesn't want to be responsible for the kids he brought into this world but wants total control. Make a journal. Write down the times he has tried to contact the kids in it. Times, dates, etc. Bring it to court with you and show the judge. Also, do you know where he works? Why hasn't he seen the kids in over 6 months? Due to him or you? Just wondering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's not my father [ 11 Answers ]

At the beginning of the year, I found out that my Dad is not my father. I am 42 years old and am the 5th children to my parents. My older brother told me that my Dad confessed this to him after his stroke. I have suspected for several years that I wasn't his child after my mother told me about...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Who is most likely the father? [ 25 Answers ]

I was separated from my husband and in an early relationship with someone else. Well I was and am still in love with my husband and we slept together a couple of days and I am now pregnant. The problem is I also kind of slept with my boyfriend the next day. It was for about 10 minutes there was no...

View more questions Search