Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msforbes60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Marketing doctors
    What is an effective way to market doctors in hopes to get referrals for homecare business? What type items would you take to them..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 01:53 PM

Interesting question. If a doctor were to refer his clients to you for homcare, he would have to know your qualifications before doing so. Are you an RN PSW or RNA (reg. nurses aid)? How well can you handle transfers within the home should the client of this doctor be bedridden and need to be assisted out of bed to do normal everyday functions? Are you qualified to know all lift transfers? Can you operate lifting equipment? Are you conversant with usual, normal medications ?

Just few things for you to think about.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 01:56 PM

Most companies that do home care or sell medical equipment, have sales professionals that call on doctors and doctor offices and other medical offices.

They often will bring them lunches for them and their staff.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Most companies that do home care or sell medical equipment, have sales professionals that call on doctors and doctor offices and other medical offices.

They often will bring them lunches for them and thier staff.
    Oh, I get it ! I wasn't thinking of perks. This isn't done where I come from because referrals come to Red Cross from the Access Center, which is part of OHIP. Access Center is in the hospitals to direct patients who need after care to Red Cross assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marketing to home health doctors [ 5 Answers ]

I have a home health agency, I need patients, I thought marketing to doctors for referral would be a good but I do not know how to get started or what to say or how to go about it.

Where will all the doctors come from? [ 59 Answers ]

OK, all you Obama fans. When he creates another monster with Nationalized health care, and 40 million people can suddenly go to the doctor, that aren't going to the doctor now, where are all these doctors going to instantly appear from? Kind of makes you scratch your head, huh?

Went to the doctors ! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi every one just to let you all know that I went to the doctors today and yeah I am preggy. Thank you for every one who has been helping me with my questions.

Marketing to Doctors [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for way to market software to doctors. We have tried some of the usual methods, advertising in magazines, visiting trade shows and small test of mailing brochures but nothing seems to make a big impact. Any suggests? Perhaps we are in the wrong magazines and someone can point me to...

Should I go to the Doctors or Ride it out? [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, Here is my scenerio... I am 44, have ALWAYS had regular and normal periods, but have missed my last one completely... I would assume maybe the start of perimenopausal, except I have been having cramping every since the time I should have started and also dull pain in lower left side...

View more questions Search