Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HawaiiBabe411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 08:10 PM
    I'm Scared To Death To Call
    So I have a huge problem. I am beyond scared to call this guy that I like. :confused: and I hate it. I always ruin things because I never call or talk to them. Cuss once I like them and they like me I'm scared to talk to them cuss I think the guy will get annoyed with me.. how can I get over this shyness/scaredness!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 08:11 PM

Time is the only thing that will bring boldness hon. You can try to FORCE yourself into it, but that won't make you happy.

This could be your subconcious minds way of telling you that your not ready for a relationship

Trust me, when that right special guy turns up, you Won't be shy. :) and even if you are, he will find it endearing and HE will pursue YOU instead :)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 08:13 PM

Get some friends to come over to help encourage you. It's nice to have some support around when you're initially trying to overcome this type of fear. Once you start gaining more courrage, you will be able to do it on your own.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 08:15 PM

How old are you?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    How old are you?
    I was wondering the same thing Liz.

Why do you feel the pressure to talk to him?

Be yourself. Some guys like girls that are agressive; some don't.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 01:13 AM
    Talk to him about him. Be interested in him. Most guys like to talk about themselves.

It will take the pressure off you.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 08:09 AM

Come on. You are a Hawiian Babe. Man would I love to be in Hawaii. Anyway about this, this is a fear your brain is projecting to try and protect you for some reason. Have you been hurt? Do you not fully trust him? Are you just afraid of rejection? Find the answer and solve that before you can move forward.

He must have some interest or at least not be a bad guy because he gave you his number.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 11:06 AM

how can I get over this shyness/scaredness!
    By facing your fear and talking to him, so give him a call.
    20shasha Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 11:21 AM
    I was to but you need to start hanging out with him get to know him because I was to and we started hanging out and then we went out so you need to go talk to him ask him dose he have a girlfriend and ask dose he want one and if yes ask if he want you to be his girl friend if not don't get sad you can always find some one better. Hope u get him
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 07:17 PM

Give him a call and talk about his day
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 05:46 AM

I know I can be intimidating, but please just call me... it is well worth it! :cool:

In all seriousness, it is a fear that must be overcome with experience (thus, quit being a baby and go for it)!! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canter - Scared to death [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me?? I had a nasty fall about 10 weeks ago, a since then cannot get myself to canter. I`m not a pro, still learning, but have cantered in the past on casual outrides, and stayed on top. I see myself as a very novice rider, but I know I`m able to canter, just can`t get myself that...

I'm Scared to death. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get some opinions, as many as possible. My doctors shrug me off because I'm on DSHS. Since I was very young I've been fainting. In 05 I got pregnant, and fainted while showering. It has been happening more since I had my daughter. Everything turns green, my skin turns green, I...

Scared to death about probation [ 21 Answers ]

Hi! It would be greatly appreciated to get some advice.. Im driving myself insane!! I received a DUI in TN Nov 2006. I was 21 and VERY irresponsible and STUPID. I am from Myrtle Beach,SC. My husband is in the army (thats why I was in TN/KY to begin with, he was stationed there, boyfriend at the...

Scared to death [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6 months pregnant... at 2 months I broke things off with the "father" because he started acting crazy and I realized that I did not love him at all and was still in love with my ex. After dumping him he pulled a few crazy stunts but stupidly I did not report them to the law . I wanted us to be...

Scared to death [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all. My name is Jen. I am 21 years old. I live in Ohio. I have never been in trouble with the law before. I passed a bad check back in July. The check was for $145. And I went to court and the judge told me to pay my restitution which came to $175 and my court costs, which came to $260. Well I...

View more questions Search