Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetink4201 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 09:25 AM
    My daughter was adopted
    My question is that my daughter was adopted about 9yrs. Ago and I've finally realized that the grandmother that adopted her is not her biological grandmother and actually has no real ties to her and I'm wondering is that a legal adoption with her not being the biological grandmother? Do I really have any rights to take her back to court because of this or am I at a loss?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetink4201 View Post
    my question is that my daughter was adopted about 9yrs. ago and i've finally realized that the grandmother that adopted her is not her biological grandmother and actually has no real ties to her and i'm wondering is that a legal adoption with her not being the biological grandmother? Do I really have any rights to take her back to court because of this or am i at a loss?
    Need more information. Are you saying that you were under the impression that the grandmother was blood-related to the child at the time you gave her up for adoption? Plenty of people go through legal adoptions all the time with no relation to the child they're adopting.

Legality aside, why would you want to pull your daughter out of the environment she's known for the last 9 years? Is she being neglected or abused?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 11:17 AM

If there was some sort of fraud going on then you might be able to contest it. If it was commonly accepted that she was the grandmother (no false pretense was made to familial adoption) then it is legal.

Basically... like This said... we need more information.

I assume this is the father's mother? Was he aware there was no biological tie?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my adopted daughter back! [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was taken by cps and my rights were terminated the reason they took my rights was because she had been with the foster family for so long which was only a year they gave me no other reasons. The adoption just went through and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get her...

Looking for my adopted daughter [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can go to register for free so that my adopted daughter can find me if she decides to look for her biological family?

My daughter wants to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are getting married in August of 09 and my 10 year old daughter wants him to adopt her. Her biodad is seldom around and is not on her birth certificate he has no leagel rights I have sole leagel custudy but her bio dad does pay support what can we do?

Trying to find my adopted daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My daughter was taken from my ex when she was 9-10 years old. She is now 23. I believe she still lives in Michigan. Her name (was) britnay nicole hoffer, born October 25th, 1985 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I don't have a lot of money that these places want or ask to help you...

I think I adopted my daughter Illeagaly [ 5 Answers ]

When I was 17 I had a baby girl with a boy who was abusive... We sigh:confused: ned a for that says RELINQUISHMENT OF INFANT BY PARENTS.. There were no attornys around or a notory.. so does this mean it was illeagal.. Is there such thing as RELINQUISHMENT OF INFANT BY PARENTS paper or what? I was...

View more questions Search