Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leelawrence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 08:32 AM
    Conflict of interest
    Say there is a Child Support office Attorny that worked with my attorny's office sometime in the past and now I am being servied by that child support office would that Child support attorny be considered conflict of interest and if she handled any part of the support case do I have a lawsuit against the child support office.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 09:11 AM

Hi,
    There's a better chance of your question being answered if you ask it on the appropriate board, probably one of the law boards for this one. This is just the introductions board.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 11:51 AM

Hi leelawrence! Welcome to AMHD! :)

Yes, what justcurious55 has said is true. Go to your home page on AMHD and select a topic where you think will be more appropriate for our question.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 11:56 AM

I have requested that your question be relocated to the appropriate board.

To answer your question a conflict of interest doesn't mean you can sue someone, they would have to be replaced on the case and a judge could determine if you have a conflict of interest.

From what I can understand, I don't think you have a conflict of interest there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2009, 12:38 PM

I have to ask why you a) ignored the red warning on the Introductions forum that it was NOT the place to ask questions and b) why you scrolled past all the other forums including the Law area to use the Intro forum?

Whether there is a conflict of interest or not depends on a lot of factors. But the likelihood is it isn't. Even if it was it is not grounds for a suit. It might be grounds for getting the legal action thrown out.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 12:40 PM

What do you feel is the conflict of interest? Did the CSA attorney obtain personal information about you and is somehow inappropriately using it against you?

What are you being served for? Did you fall behind on child support? Like the others have said, there are a lot of determining factors that we need to know before we can give you a straight answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court today for a careless driving ticket in NJ( written at the scene at an accident). Where both partys were written tickets. I am pleading NOT GUILTY(I have a lawyer). I found out today that my lawyer is also representing the other party too. Can this be done?? I am a...

Conflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

:( I found conflict of interest in my son's court proceedings. What can be done?

Conflict of interest [ 1 Answers ]

My husband hired a lawyer for divorce where his sister works as a secretary. Is this a conflict of interest. If it is then what can I do about it.

Conflict of interest/Attorney [ 5 Answers ]

I was served last week with a civil summons in regard to dissolution of marriage from my husband. I was shocked to see the law firm I have used for years was representing my husband. During our marriage, we had used these attorneys to prepare wills and for another small matter concerning a land...

COnflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

An attorney represented me in a bankruptcy and now the same attorney is representing my husband in our divorce. Is that a Conflict of Interest? I was the only one that signed on with him for the bankruptcy and the bankruptcy was only in my name. The way I look at it is that I am already is...

View more questions Search