Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd130 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Intermittent - blade stops when cutting
    Any thoughts? While mowing the lawn engine runs fine, however the blade seems to stop working for a moment then restarts cutting again?? (John Deere L130) This was a problem prior to replacing the deck belt, which was a success! =) Any ideas would be most grateful! Thanks
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 05:33 PM

Hi,
    Take the tension off the deck belt by loosening the spring from the hole in the deck sheel; I use a short length of a small rope looped in the hook of the spring. Check the spindles fro freedom of movement. One or more are probably "headed South" and will take oout your new belt.
    Note: Heavy grass mowed at to high a speed will do the same thing by filling the cutting area in the deck shell.
    New spindle assemblies have a grease fitting and a note telling you to put 25 pumps of grease from a grease gun in.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting galvanised pipe with a metal blade saw. [ 16 Answers ]

Can I cut a 3" galvanized pipe with a metal blade saw ? I am trying to replace a piece of drain pipe located in the bsmt ceiling with abs pipe. There is about 2'' space between the ceiling and the pipe, and I will have to cut above my head. Renting a special cutter is an option but expensive as...

Design Of Grill Blade Thickness ( Gravity Louvered Grill Blade) [ 3 Answers ]

Kindly Design An Gravity Louvered Grill, It is Required For Staircase Pressuriation System Design Thickness Of Blade Such That It Should Lift When Pressure Exceeds 50 Pa,& Close When Pressure Drops 50 pa It Is a 20 Storey Building ( 20 Staircase) System Pressure 50 Pa

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

Removing the cutting blade [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Yard machine riding lawn mower.Can some body tell me how to take the cutting blade out for me so I can sharpen them.

Well water system: shower stops whole house water stops and starts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plumbing/well water question. Recently our water flow has been stopping (during a shower or in the sink). The entire house water supply stops. Sometimes there is a noise - like air - as if we've been away for a month. Sometimes there is no noise at all, the flow goes down to a trickle...

View more questions Search