Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nealmac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Heating and Air conditioning condenser fan will not start
    After installing new capacitor, new contactor and new time delay switch on split system ac the condenser fan still will not start. What should I check next?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 04:06 AM

Check for power going to the fan. If power, change the motor. If no power check your wiring connections. Does the compressor come on??
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jun 12, 2009, 05:40 AM

What josh said. No offense, but a voltmeter would have pinpointed the problem quicker without changing all those parts, unless they were also bad.
    JimmyTheAirGuy Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2009, 09:30 AM
    RELAX MY FRIEND
    Just because your condenser fan motor did'nt start does not mean that its defective.
    Here are a few things to attempt before you place that call for service.
    [LIST=1]
    Make sure your condenser coil is clean. If your coil is restricted with dirt or other debri, your system will run hot. Your condenser fan motor has a safety device in it that's called an internal overload that temporarly turns power off to the motor to allow time to cool.
    Make sure your condenser fan blade is not caught on something. If you find that it is. PLEASE turn off the breaker before accessing the equipment.
    Make sure all breakers are on and not tripped.

Follow this link on other things to attempt before you call for service.
    Repair / Preventive Maintenances
    I hope this helps and your able to bring your system back to peak performance smoothly.
    always your friend
    Jimmy The Air Guy
    JimmyTheAirGuy Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2009, 09:48 AM
    RELAX MY FRIEND
    Often times it may get a little confusing and when this time comes you may want to take a break. On your next approach pay close attention to your diagram. Ie: contactor, (probably the problem) on your contactor you have two poles on a typical residential / light commercial split system. One pole feeds power directly to the motor. This line is called "common". The second pole goes from your contactor to the identified side of your run capacitor. On the capacitor you should have three wires all together. The line from your contactor which is coupled with one of two of your capacitor wires from your motor and the other side of your capacitor facilitates the second capacitor wire coming from your motor. If this does not help you should probably call for service. However, before you place that call you are welcome to follow this link for other tips for the do-it-yourselfer before you call
    Repair / Preventive Maintenances
    I hope this brings your system back to peak performance.
    Your friend
    Jimmy The Air Guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Phase Air Conditioning Condenser Wire Gauge Specs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate if someone could tell me what gauge wire I am supposed to use with a single phase motor air conditioning condenser rated at 40 amps and/or 60 amps Thank you

Heating & Air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I want to learn more about HVAC system with heat pump and how to connect electrical system from unit to thermostat to make system work. What book & author should I get. Thank you Buffalotu

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat is blank and the batteries are not the problem. How do I check and identify the cause of the limit trips?

Heating and air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I set the heat anticipator indicator on model 383 KAV? Thank you

Condenser runs while heating [ 1 Answers ]

When operating my furnace in the heat mode the air conditioner condenser unit runs. I assume this should not be. What is wrong with my system. This is in a new house - first cold weather experienced.

View more questions Search