Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dela102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
    S Trap into concrete floor
    My daughter has just bought an old Baltimore home cira 1950, it has a toilet, shower and sink in the basement. The sink needs replaced and it drains down into the concrete floor. She also wants to hook up her washer to this drain. The LG washer has a 1 1/2" tailpipe approx. 6" long that would go into the tailpipe drain from the sink. The washer has a 7/8" hose attached to the center of this tailpipe. I've never seen one hooked up like this as I have a set tub that the hose dumps into on my washer. Anyway, my question is do I need to have a AAV installed and where would I put it using an S trap. Because the piping is in the floor I don't know what or where the vents would be in this house. Any tips on this would be helpful and appreciated. Any alternatives to this hookup also would be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 11, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dela102 View Post
    My daughter has just bought an old Baltimore home cira 1950, it has a toilet, shower and sink in the basement. The sink needs replaced and it drains down into the concrete floor. She also wants to hook up her washer to this drain. The LG washer has a 1 1/2" tailpipe approx. 6" long that would go into the tailpipe drain from the sink. The washer has a 7/8" hose attached to the center of this tailpipe. I've never seen one hooked up like this as I have a set tub that the hose dumps into on my washer. Anyway, my question is do I need to have a AAV installed and where would I put it using an S trap. Because the piping is in the floor I don't know what or where the vents would be in this house. Any tips on this would be helpful and appreciated. Any alternatives to this hookup also would be appreciated.
    Here you go,(see image) Yes you'l lneed to vent the sink. The AAV installs just downstream from the trap. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower P-trap in a basement with concrete slab floor [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The bathroom in the basement has a 2.5" raised floor, the new shower has a very low base (the shower pan is about 1" above the floor). The P-trap I found need about 7.5" vertical clearance. Without rising shower base, what is the best way to make room for th P-trap? If I have to...

Installing a concrete shower floor over a custom concrete pan. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to install a stained concrete shower floor instead of tile. I have already installed a custom shower pan and pitched it to specs. My question is should I be concerned about the new floor cracking since it will only be 1/2" thick? If you have any other suggestions on the install, please...

Converting a tile floor to a stained concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about taking up the tile in my kitchen and staining the concrete underneath it, but I don't know if it will be possible to get up all the stains left on the concrete from the tile. I do not want to take up the tile if there is too much of a possibility that the tile stains won't come...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

View more questions Search