Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marlo491 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Worms on dogwood tree
    I have a chinese dogwood tree that has a worm of some kind on the back of its leaves. It is about 1/2 inch long with a white body and dark redish brown head. The tree is otherwise very healthy looking and is just getting some flowers. Do you know what it is and how do I get rid of it? Thanks marlo491
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 04:10 PM
    I need a little more information before we can identify this creature and advise you on control measures:

1) How many have you seen? One, several, dozens, hundreds?

2) What part of the world are you located in?

3) Are they doing damage to the tree? Which part?

My first thought was a caterpillar of some type. Can you post a picture?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Apple tree worms & Laytex Paint [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Spokane WA and was told by a worker with an agriculture program here that if you paint about 2 feet up on the trunk of an apple tree with latex paint that it will keep the worms out of the apples. Is this true? Sounds silly to me, but if it works I'm willing to try it!:confused:

When to prune a Dogwood Tree? [ 2 Answers ]

When is the best to prune a dogwood and is there a limit to what size branch can be trimmed back to the trunk.

Worms eating apples on tree [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, How can I stop worms from eating apples on my tree? I have an apple tree... the apples are delicious, however, every apple has a worm in it! What can I use to stop this?

Tree worms [ 1 Answers ]

I have black tree worms? In all of my trees how do I get rid of them they are black with a stripe I don't get to close to them. I live in south New Jersey.

Dogwood tree [ 1 Answers ]

My dogwood tree never has many blooms on it. Is it lacking fertilizer of some kind?

View more questions Search