Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Running New Gas Line to Stove
    I am replacing my electric stove with a gas stove... Off the 1 1/2" main line in the basement there is a tee, elbow and 3/4" plug, I plan on running the 3/4" black pipe over approx 1 ft, 90deg elbow 8 ft' run and 1' up through the floor, shut off valve, and flex line to the stove. Other appliances are gas water heater and gas boiler down line. Anybody see any problems with this layout? Although I have work with pipe in compressed air and water applications, this will be my first attempt at a gas line. Any pointers would be great... Thanks in advance!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 10:09 AM

No problem here. 1 1/2" existing gas line is large enough to carry the stove w/o problem. Install the connection as you described. Don't forget to install dedicated gas valve behind the stove.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 line for stove/range [ 1 Answers ]

I am a DYI'er trying to run a 220 line for the stove/range to the breaker box. New codes are 4 lines for dryers - stoves included? Pos,negative, nuetral & ground? The 3 prong outlet where does the ground wire go? Does it matter which side the red or blck go on?

Stove gas line repair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've recently acquired a 2 year old stove"brand new" but the main gas line of the stove has a crack in it right where it connects to the gas supply line, is there any way to cut this piece off and connect the gas supply line directly to the stove.

220 line for stove [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up a 220 line to a stove?

Stove gas supply line sizing [ 4 Answers ]

I am ready to install the last leg of gas line that will supply a 30" free standing gas range. The supply to this leg so far is 3/4" black iron. It seems to me that, given what's readily available, the most efficient valve and flex connection line combo are both 1/2". Since I have not yet found a...

Gas line rough in placement for stove [ 2 Answers ]

This may not be a plumbing questrion so feel free to re-direct me in necessary. I am in the early stages of a kitchen remodel and need to plan the placement of the gas range gas line. I cannot find any rough in info to where this should be. Is there a standard, guide or rule of thumb for where...

View more questions Search