Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennis69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Ac trouble
    My ac was not working so I checked outside and the fan was not running the breaker was tripped so I reset and fan started to come on and it tripped breaker again - thought it might be the capasitor -changed and it did the same thing kept reseting breaker and it keeps tripping
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Obviously, something is drawing more current than it should. There are many possibilities. The motor bearing may be failing and the motor isn't moving fast enough (though I would think the thermal overload would have kicked out first). There may be an high-resistance internal short somewhere.

You probably need a repairman.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Disconnect the lead wires that run from the contactor to the fan motor(after killing the power), turn power back on,does it still kick the breaker? Is the compressor running?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get in trouble? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get in trouble with probation if I lie on my job application about the felony conviction?

Does this mean trouble [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend going on two months now has asked me if she can go to her old ex's house that she dated for two years she claims that he is her "best friend" but his dad is going to be there should I be worried and what should I do about it?

Boy trouble [ 5 Answers ]

There's these 2 boys who are best friends. I like both of them, but I like the other 1 better. The best friend is mad at me. I don't want to break there friendship up but I want the 1 boy to go out with me.What should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search