Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djw77 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 05:20 AM
    Kittens eye shut
    My first born 2week old kittens eyes r still shut but 1 eye looks sealed with yellow crusty stuff. All the other kittens eyes r open. Any ideas as I don't have vet fees.thank u.
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jun 7, 2009, 05:27 AM

If you get some wet tissue and gently wipe it away
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 05:56 AM

With all these posts you are making, you really should find the funds to take these kittens to the vet, or give them to someone who can.

Jun 7, 2009, 08:46 AM

My girlfriend took stray mother in +they get plenty of attention I just worry for them because I've not had kittens before. Already got homes 4 when there old enuff.im just trying 2 help them is all.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 08:49 AM

It could have a flea allergy, or it could be something more serious..
    You are doing the right thing with the warm cloth...
    You could try soaking a tea bag I a cup of warm water and using that with the cloth, it is a home remedy for humans when they have conjunctivitis, I'm not sure how effective it will be on a kitten but it can't hurt.

Jun 7, 2009, 09:24 AM

Yeah I have just tried a teabag+cotton bud like u suggest but he really got distressed,seems 2 of opened though,looks a little sore but fine otherwise.thanks 4 idea.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 09:43 AM

It was worth a try...
    Just keep up with the warm cloth and water for a day or two and if there isn't an improvement you may need to book a vets appointment for some antibiotics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kittens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I Have 5 Five Week Old Kittens Im Looking After, Or Should I Say My Cat Gypsy Is. Anyway I Was Wondering If U Could Help Me As I Don't Know Much About Kittens Because Ivenever Had A Fmale Cat That's Had Babies. How 2 Feed Them At What Age, When Can They Go 2 Good Homes, When Do I Get There...

My Mom Won't Shut Up and My dad won't shut up, noise noise. Annoyed. [ 18 Answers ]

My mom nevers shut up. She repeats everything and reminds me about everything. Also, my dad eats with his mouth open cause he's old and I have to hear it because my computer is near the dining room, actually basically in probably. Also, my big brother laughs upstairs at his anime.. My twin brother...

2 week old kittens swollen shut eye [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 week old kitten that one of its eyes is just opened and the other one is very swollen shut and has crusty stuff on the eyelid what can I do?

3 week old kittens eyes is shut [ 1 Answers ]

My three week old kitten's eye is shut... there is no discharge and the eyes was open the other day... she is also shaking a lot... please someone help because I reallt don't have money for the vet

Kittens are gone [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has been nursing her kittens for about 10 weeks now, we just got rid of the kittens and today I notice that a couple of the mammas nipples are so swollen. They are not leaking, they are just huge. Is this anything to be concerned about, if not, how long should this go on?

View more questions Search