Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cybersly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
    '89 Civic sputters
    Hi,

My '89 Civic has been sputtering lately, especially at low RPM and it gets worse after it's been driven for a while and the engine is warm. It is not bad when I first start it up and drive it but after 20 minutes or so, it sputters badly when I'm at a stoplight.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2009, 06:22 AM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic Sputters & Dies - 122k [ 3 Answers ]

My 2001 Honda Civic w/ 122,000 miles w/ regular maintenance has a phantom issue. About four weeks ago I was on the freeway in normal conditions 60-70 MPH and I lost most of the throttle power to just 1500-2000 rpms at full peddle throttle with an uneven idle & a check engine light on – I pulled...

Briggs Vanguard sputters [ 2 Answers ]

My 17 hp briggs mower starts right up and idles fine. As soon as I engage the blades it starts to sputter and bog down. However, if I let the engine idled for 4-5 minutes first I do not get the sputtering? Once its warmed up it mows fine.

Lawn Mower Sputters and quits running [ 2 Answers ]

My Troy Bilt Lawn Mower was running fine and then it started sputtering and not getting much power. Now it just won't start. How do I fix the problem

Mower Sputters [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 22 " Weedeater Lawn Mower. Very simple model, no bells or whistles. It was running fine, I went inside to take a break for awhile, then when I started it up again it was sputtering. I turned it off, checked oils and gas again (both were fine) and it still sputter with it becoming worse...

91 civic no power-sputters [ 1 Answers ]

I have a civic that I have replaced the igniter an was running good.then car wouldnot cruise At any speed .it is a 5 speed man. It would get to speed then as you level off the accerator it would hesitate.so I tracked it down to the vtec oil switch connt on engine an unpluged it then it would run...

View more questions Search