Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biversen Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Wieght loss
    hi. i have a really hard time losing wieght especially around my stomach and the sides(love handles). Im pretty young to be having love handles and belly fat at a young age. . I know i have to exercise but it doesnt seem to get rid of my belly fat. And everytime i say that im going to eat healthy or say im not going to eat till im stuffed, i end up giving in and feeling super guilty afterwards. what should i do?:(
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 08:39 PM

I brought an ab rocket and it works for me and is easy to use. Also, push ups helps a lot.

Another thing is there is a workout video called "Ab workout for dummies" and it is pretty good. I just starting back getting into the workout. It focus only on your abs.

However, you need to stick to your diet and eat a lot of vegatables and fruits. If you drink soda stop because carbonated products aren't good for you and will make your stomach bloated.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 08:50 PM

I get bored with exercises. I gets so routine.

If you're the same, try dance exercises like "Core Rhythms" or "Flirty Girl Fitness".

It fun. Keeps you in shape, and you learn cute new sexy moves.

By the way I'm not much of a dancer. In fact I'm horrible. As long as I try, and burning calories is good enough for me.

As for the eating well it's really about self control. Have more fruits in your home and veggies. Next time you go to the grocers skip the chocolates, popcorn, cheesecake, or whatever else you know will make you want to devour like a crazy beast [I know. It happens to me. I'm human]. If apple pie is your thing, don't buy the pie. Treat yourself to a McDonald's pie once a week.

Don't cut junk food completely it'll make you crazy. Just tone it down a notch. If you eat a candy bar a day, knock it down to every other day, then three times a week, then once. Replace your daily "yummies" with an apple, strawberries, oranges, or even steamed veggies.

Do this gradually. But always keep the activity going.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Sarah

Jun 4, 2009, 08:58 PM

Thank You so much for the advise. Im really graetful. Im going to try to really stick with the diet and exercise.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biversen View Post
    Thank You so much for the advise. Im really graetful. Im going to try to really stick with the diet and exercise.
    What is it that makes you fall of the bandwagon?

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Stick to diet and exercising and don't worry about your weight. Meaning don't go on the scale everyday seeing how much you lose because this is only toture.

Sometimes we don't lose weight but we lose inches--which is good and body fat. You have to get your body into routine.

So with dedicated and hard work you can do because I did and am doing it. Most days I've to push myself and I mentally award myself when I do.

Jun 4, 2009, 09:31 PM

Usually it's the food bit. I love food but like I will eat healthy one day and then I backtrack and I get tempted with all the junk food I could be eating. I hate it. I'm not like obese or anything but I'm not happy when I feel like I don't have any self control.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:33 PM

Do you buy your own groceries or is it your parents that do?

Sarah

Jun 4, 2009, 09:34 PM

My parents
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:38 PM

Have you told your parents what your trying to do? If so, then they should support you (and I'm sure they will)and help you through this. If not, then tell them.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:40 PM

You should try going grocery shopping with them. Get them involved with eating healthier; I'm not saying become a health nut. Instead of getting cookies get apples. I'm sure your mom would like the idea.

Just a thought.

Sarah

Jun 4, 2009, 09:49 PM

Yeah I am going to that way I will have a support system in some way. But how do I go about junk food cause I live with a 18 yr old sister and 10yr old brother and they aren't going give up the junk food?

Jun 4, 2009, 09:55 PM

True. I'm going to definitely try it. Srry to keep on bothering you but I have one more question. How do I know when to treat myself because I will seriously go nuts if I get no sweets at all, after all I am a teen.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 10:00 PM

What's your favorite fruit? Make sure you have some at home.

Keep an apple in your room. A bag of pistachios, almonds or unsalted peanuts. Do you like dried fruit- chewy like fruit roll up. How about raisins?

I love to eat celery with a bit of peanut butter.

Eat better breakfasts. Like oatmeal with a pile of blueberries, bananas and a bit of honey.

When it comes to seeing your siblings eat Cheetos just remind yourself that it's okay to have a handful [that's one hand- and it has to be your hand, not someone else's who has a freakishly large hand.. like Shaq- can't be Shaq's hand].

Replace your snacks with better snacks.

Wal-mart has cheap workout DVD's- choose one that requires your body to move, not purchase extra equipment. If they require weights you can use a can of soup [really].

Even simple things like jumping jacks can help you speed up your metabolism. Jump rope. Run around the block a few times. Walk to school [if you can]. Just get on up.

Sarah

Jun 4, 2009, 10:07 PM

You have no idea how much this has helped me. I can't thank you enough and thanks for the time that you put in to help me. I really appreciate it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 10:13 PM
    true. im going to definately try it. srry to keep on bothering you but i have one more question. how do i know when to treat myself because i will seriously go nuts if i get no sweets at all, after all i am a teen.
    Oh no it's not about giving up. It's about adding more fruits and veggies to your diet. Replacing Snickers for strawberries, replacing chips for a bag of almonds, etc.

Here is what I want you to do. From tomorrow morning till Tuesday night I want you to be yourself- eat how you do regularly. However this time; I want you to write it down.

For example

FRIDAY

Breakfast:
    Had no breakfast

Snack:
    Grabbed a donut and some pop

Lunch:
    Ate some fries, salad and half a hamburger. Pop too.

Snack:
    Drank some water.

Dinner:
    Ate some turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy and kool-aid

Snack:
    Ate some Doritos

-----

Come Wednesday, I want you to come back here and let me know:

-How many times you skipped breakfast
    -When your biggest meal was [lunch? Dinner?]
    -When you snacked the most [morning? Before bed?]
    -What were your snacks? Chocolate? Chips?

Do this and we'll be able to determine a pretty simple way to get you to eating healthier, by simply finding out where you need the most "work".

Sarah
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 11:20 PM

Good advice Mudweiser. Now to Biversen you really need to tell your parents so they can get on board and support you through this but I am not going lie to you and tell you the journey ahead is going be easy because it is going be challenging(especially during the first few weeks).

Here are things I eat during the day.

I am not an oatmeal eater but here are some things I eat for breakfast. I make a breakfast taco or quesadilla filled with eggs, cheese, sausage, and vegetables, my daughter loves this. Or somethimes I eat a banana, smothered with peanut butter(two of these), in a whole wheat bun. Sprinkle on some raisins then I drink a cup of milkp

Sometimes I eat cereal like total/special k with strawberry with low-fat milk and a yougurt. Or sometimes I make a breakfast fruit smoothie or a fresh fruit salad with yogurt. It is fulling believe it or not.

I eat snacks throughout the day(no more than twice a day). I eat wheat thins (around 6) with cottage cheese and raisins or crushed walnuts ,(1/2 cup) trail mix, fruits, vegatable salad, a cup of homemade soup, tuna mixed with natural yogurt and herbs spread onto 3 celery stick, carrot sticks dipped into cottage cheese, unbuttered popcorn(2-3 handfuls),2 kiwis topped with almonds(no more than 8), 2 multi grain crackers topped with grated cucumber and natural yogurt--just to give you a few ideas.

It is good to drink at least 8 cups of water and if your going drink juice make sure it is 100% juice. Eat everything in moderation and you can do it. It just is going take some willpower and decication. Everyone when you eat right and exercise pat yourself on the back and say something encoraging.

I will give you some dinner ideas but I am sleepy and am going to bed. Goodnite all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm over wieght and need to lose wieght fast [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is amanda I'm 20 years old I had a daughter when I was 18 I wieghted 150 pounds be for I got pregnant and now I wirght 210 I really want and need to lose wieght as much as I can and still stay healthy I need to lose it as soon as possible, how can I do this in a healthy way please help me

Wieght Loss at 14. [ 3 Answers ]

Im 14 years old, a freshman in High school, am 5'6 with a lot of thighs, and I weigh 130 lbs. I have been under a lot of pressure due to the stress of school, track, family, and my relationship . I excerise but I can't seem to get the weight , I don't lik, off. What should I do?:confused:

Wieght loss [ 1 Answers ]

How do I lose 10 kgs in a week?

My cats wieght loss [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently got a persian cat he is 5 yrs old and he lost a lot of weight while under their care and lost some hair so what can I feed him to have him gain his weight again and have his hair healthy Im currently giving him wet food is there a specific food for weight gain

αny tips/success stories of wieght loss αfter hαving α bαby? [ 11 Answers ]

It's been 6 weeks αfter hαving my beαutiful little girl, shαylα, αnd now αfter hαving my pleαsent visit with the ob/gyn I αm pleαsed to αnnounce thαt I cαn stαrt working out. I know I'm not the only one with this kind of obstαcle so I figure why not put tips or type in your success story so...

View more questions Search