Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nani_amb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 08:03 PM
    Serious hard disk problem
    I have a 20Gb Seagate, I set it as a slave (40Gb Maxtor being master). When I open "My Computer" it tells me that my seagate still have 5.75Gb of free space but when I browse it I only shows "My Documents" folder and "mydocuments.000" file (I moved My Documents' path to the Seagate drive).what happened?. and what should I do?:(
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Did you format the Seagate drive before using ? I ran into this problem when I installed a 160 Gig Seagate but after formatting the drive all went well.
    I hope you backed up all your documents to CD from My Documents before moving to the Seagate HD.
    You might go to
    http://www.seagate.com/contact/index.html
    Under Technical Support, there is a link you can use for e-mail and get Technical Support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard disk problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hai, This is sandeep kumar. I am having problem with my hard disk which is seagate. Till day before yesterday it was working fine. But today it is not even detecting. I am in confusion what to do. I don't know what may be the problem in tha disk. So can you please suggest me what may be the...

100% CPU usage due to a new hard disk,please help me [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new hard disk in my notebook as my older one got a failure.There is windows xp professional in the new one.The dilemma is that it is taking too much time to get started,almost 15 minutes.And also,after getting started,my notebook is working very slowly.Task manager is showing 100% CPU...

Hard Disk - Bad Clusters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I was getting physical problem in my hard disk C: drive, on scanning I got 11 bad clusters , also it was mentioned that from now onwards these bad clusters will not be used for data storage . Now I want to upgrade to WIN XP from 98 , so please tell me what should I do for that, and...

Hard disk problem [ 6 Answers ]

My computer has two hard drives, they are both detected and accessible via device manager but the second hard drive does not show up as a separate drive in my computer i.e.. As drive /:E so I can not load data on to it. How can I get to show as a separate drive.

Windows 98 and 120 gig hard disk? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using Windows98se and want to get a 120 gig hard disk. Can anyone tell me what is the maximum size partition I can use with Windows 98se. I've heard that with large hard disks NTFS format is better/more effeicient. Is this so? And how much difference would it make. I'd rather not have to go to...

View more questions Search