Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bedford12 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 01:32 AM
    Me and mother no longer talk since her money was stolen
    It takes a lot out of me to share this with people over thei internet but who will judge me here. I was very close to my mom would do anything for her and lately she has been dringking very heavily and I have tried to support her but recently decided to not support her she is becoming a very confused person and not the mother I once respected. Life takes us threw changes but I never thought the relationship with me and mother would ever dwindle but it has. I guess I am sort of reaching out for support but have the support of the man upstairs I hope that your relationship with your parents never change because I am telling you god is helping me get threw this one any words of encouragement would be grateful

bedford12
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 01:42 AM

Hi, bedford12!

How old is your mother, please?

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2009, 01:59 AM
    My mother is 63
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:00 AM

Is your father still around and do you have an brothers or sisters?

Jun 3, 2009, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Is your father still around and do you have an brothers or sisters?
    My parents are divorced and my brother and sister are around my sister lives far and my brother live in the same borough as my moms
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:06 AM

You do need some support system for yourself here. Do you and your brother get along and is he a person that you can use for support?

Also, are you a church-going person?

Thanks!

Jun 3, 2009, 08:09 AM

Don't go to church regularly and I don't really have much communication with my brother and sister prefer to be alone from them don't have much a support system that is why I joined this website
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 02:11 PM

You will get much support from people here!

You mention that you don't go to church regularly. But, is there a pastor or priest with whom you would feel comfortable discussing the situation?

Thanks!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford12 View Post
    It takes a lot out of me to share this with people over thei internet but who will judge me here. I was very close to my mom would do anything for her and lately she has been dringking very heavily and i have tried to support her but recently decided to not support her she is becoming a very confused person and not the mother i once respected. Life takes us threw changes but i never thought the relationship with me and mother would ever dwindle but it has. I guess i am sort of reaching out for support but have the support of the man upstairs i hope that your relationship with your parents never change because i am telling you god is helping me get threw this one any words of encouragement would be grateful

bedford12
    It is always sad when relationships turn, and things don't go well. I hope you hang in there and that things turn around.

You said that "me and mother no longer talk since her money was stolen", so I presume that has something to do with the breakdown in the relationship.

I'm wondering if your mother has always had a problem with drinking, as you said it was just lately. Was there something that happened specifically to her?

It is hard to know just what to say to make you feel better, but talking it out here might help.

Jun 3, 2009, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    You will get much support from people here!

You mention that you don't go to church regularly. But, is there a pastor or priest with whom you would feel comfortable discussing the situation?

Thanks!
    Not really don't have a close pastor or preist to confide in

Jun 3, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    It is always sad when relationships turn, and things don't go well. I hope you hang in there and that things turn around.

You said that "me and mother no longer talk since her money was stolen", so I presume that has something to do with the breakdown in the relationship.

I'm wondering if your mother has always had a problem with drinking, as you said it was just lately. Was there something that happened specifically to her?

It is hard to know just what to say to make you feel better, but talking it out here might help.
    Thank you so much my mother did drink a lot growing up by now she drinks more and has been repeating herself constantly all the time don't know how I feel about my moms because I have never seen her in such a confused state
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bedford12 View Post
    not really dont have a close pastor or preist to confide in
    Would it be possible for you to find one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uncle Has Stolen the Trist Money [ 5 Answers ]

I have been battling my uncle in probate court for 2 and 1/2 years and finally had him removed as the executor to my grandmothers Trust. The court has appointed a new executor and ordered my uncle to turn over all the books and assets to the new executor. So he went to the bank where the trust...

Stolen Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hey My ex-boyfriend and I had been together for 8 months. However during that time he hadn't been working much. When food needed to be paid for and fuel, I paid for it. When he moved into his new place, I paid for the bed, sheets etc. Problem is, I'm now in debt of $2000. Money that he owes...

Stolen money and ring [ 1 Answers ]

In rreference to my question about my landlord stealing my money and engagement ring I was advised by a lawyer to send a demand letter to my exlandlord first. Do you think that is a good idea?

Stolen money [ 3 Answers ]

I had a friend who I helped out when he was in jail.I posted bail for him and later on he decided to jump bail and of course my money was lost because he didn't show up for court one day. Before he did all of this I let him barrow a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and he said he was going to...

View more questions Search