Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexsatan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Can't play avi file properly
    Always meet this problem. Got audio but no video, any brother can help me.
    Thank you so much!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 07:24 PM

What program are you trying to use to play the AVI file? Windows Media Player? QuickTime?

Have you tried this AVI file on another computer?
    annybaby84 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 11:59 PM

I have had this problem too, when I tried o play it on another computer, it worked...
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 04:20 AM

Try uninstalling whatever program you use to play the file (Windows Media Player, possibly). Once it's uninstalled, use CCleaner to make sure your system is free of junk:

CCleaner - Home

Run a CCleaner "Registry" scan also and clean out everything it finds (make a backup just in case).

Once you've done that, reinstall the program that plays the file. Make sure it's the newest available version

Microsoft Windows Media — Your Digital Entertainment Resource
    sexsatan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 10:47 AM

Just solve the problem. Install the codec full vision package and FLV player. Now can watch already.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 07:00 PM

For future views of this question

Install codecs

XP Codecs - K-Lite Codec Pack 4.5.3
    Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.5 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.5 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.5 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools

Vista Codec Package 5.1.0 Final
    Free-Codecs.com :: Download Vista Codec Package 5.2.9 : With Vista Codec Package installed, you won't need to install any other codec or filter.
    Install with recommended settings

Vista Codecs x64
    For users of Windows Vista 64 bit, first download and install the 32 bit package and then download the 64 bit extension from the link below and install that, then restart your computer and you will be able to watch any video.

Download the 32 bit package from here
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...-Package.shtml

Download the 64 bit package from here
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...mponents.shtml

Installing these codec packs mean you will be able to use your Windows Media Player and even your Windows Media Center with any type of video (i.e. XVid/DivX) including Hi-Definition videos.

NOTE: Do not install any other additional codec packages or codecs apart from the installs shown or you may have problems, we have tested these packages for most video types and they appear to work perfectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I properly file a 1099-MISC? [ 4 Answers ]

I started work as a PC technician at a local repair shop. Before the shop became a corporation in October of 2008, my boss told me that I would be considered a 'contract employer' until then. This was July 1, 2008. For three full months, I was paid as a contract employer with no taxes being taken...

Optical drives play cds, but won't play most dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Both of my optical drives will play cds, games etc. but most of the time when I pop in a dvd, I get a message from Microsoft saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close, and the dvd will not play. The error number is 1000. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! ...

View more questions Search