Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Oct 6, 2006, 08:59 AM
    One of those days
    I am at work. I have a lot to do. I don't want to do anything. It is 10:50. I am in a give-a-$hit mood. I find myself being ornery with co-workers (in a fun way.) Trying to look busy in front of the boss. :cool: So on and so forth.

Is anyone else having that kind of a day where they could careless about work?

Sittin' on a warm beach with a drink in my hand listening to some tunes.

Or maybe sittin' in my hot tub while it is snowin' with drink in my hand.

I could be just about anywhere except work, trying to look busy. :D
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Funny you say so. Same type of day for me. It's noon here, thankfully closer to quittin' time than you... but it's a gorgeous day: Super sunny with blue skies and 55 degrees. My absolute favorite. Typically I can cut out early when I want (I do have the admitted luxury of making my own hours) but today I've got 2 afternoon appointments with idiots. Definitely not looking forward to it.

... it's pretty bad when I start thinking about a cold beer at noon! :o
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2006, 09:07 AM
    We have a little inside joke here on those days:

"Urge to work ... fading ... fading ... fa..."

Oct 6, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Talk about idiots---I work with one (on a regular basis) he tries to talk as loud as he can to drown out everyone else. Errrrrrr--Not a good day, would like to go up and shove something in his mouth. :rolleyes:

It is 63 and sunny here, little windy, but still better that sittin' inside. Beer sounds good too. Does anyone like Red-Beers? MMMMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    We have a little inside joke here on those days:

"Urge to work ... fading ... fading ... fa..."

Ya, going going gone. 11:13 now. Going to be a Longggggggg day.

11:15... with a hot flash. Cool

Can't think of anything better (sarcasm) : - (
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 6, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Bim, that's not you down the hall. I may be an idiot, but I'm also your boss. Just kiddin'!

Actually, everyone at work likes me. If they don't, they get library duty!
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Oct 6, 2006, 01:53 PM
    1 hour and 43 minutes until... BEER THIRTY!

My daughter is with her father this weekend so I am going to go to the bar after work and have a FEW beers! I have to work at my regular job tomorrow and at the bar tomorrow! (7:30 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday at the bar from 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm) I guess I won't be having any fun this weekend!

Oh well! Have a great weekend everybody!!

Oct 6, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bhayne
    Bim, that's not you down the hall. I may be an idiot, but I'm also your boss. Just kiddin'!!

Actually, everyone at work likes me. If they don't, they get library duty!!

Whew!! Had me scared until you said down the hall. We're all in a cluster around here. We can all see each other, so the hall way thing was a little off for my office.

53 minutes until I can have a red one :p

If you sent me to the library - I would probably enjoy it. I like to read. :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Oh, wow, this is too funny. Let's see...

At 7:30 this morning I was in the elevator at school when the power decided to go out... midway between the 1st and 2nd floors.:eek: It took about 15 minutes before maintenance could get us out!

Then found out the whole city was without power for an unknown amount of time. So... the professor decided to call off class for the day.:p

I guess I was the lucky one!! :D

Oct 6, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Actually, the first four years of work I was on library duty (back in the days of Windows 3.11 without internet as we know it). I became the company standards speciallist from reading and filing all those engineering standards and specifications.

It launched my career as it is today. Now, the library is archaic and no one wants to keep it up. It seems as though you just look up information on the internet, find it, use it and instead of putting it in a library for future reference, it goes in the trash.

And this is suppose to be a paperless society?

Oct 6, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Then found out the whole city was without power for an unknown amount of time. So...... the professor decided to call off class for the day.:p

I guess I was the lucky one!!!!!:D

Man! You were the lucky one. This day is like dragging. It is more like two days.

I look outside at the sunshine, while I sit in this office with 35 men coming and going. Errrrrrr While PMSing and having hot flashes! Man doesn't this sound like the place to be. Yah

I feel like having a cold one in hand (I sound like an alcoholic today, really I'm not) saying:

Here's to you, and
    Here's to me, and
    If we ever disagree, and
    If we do
    SCREW YOU, and
    I'll just drink to ME :D :D

37 minutes and counting :p
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2006, 02:25 PM
    BIM, you are looking a little pale today. I think you need some sunshine!

Oct 6, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Holly, we must be on the same time zone. Unfortunately for you, it's not Thanksgiving long weekend, eh?

Think I'll be looking forward to some turkey and stuffing this loooong weekend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
    As I sit here wondering what color kool-aid to make, I wonder ever so briefly what my still working friends are doing, then reality hits and the thought of how they spend these lovely days are DEPRESSING. So stop this talk and do something worthwhile like chugging a pitcher of kool-aid and enjoy the sun aahhhhhhh!!
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Oct 7, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Most of us under 65 ARE still working. My husband is 50 & I am 54. He works 50 hrs a week & me just 16hrs. So I wonder how some can be retired at this age.

And, according to our lifestyle, it looks like we will be working till we die!
    And, we are not alone according to the surveys lately.
    Oh well, at least we'll have the things we want & need
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2006, 06:22 PM
    Taking care of a little one.

At work,

Of course, I get those days.

Joe
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 7, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Need to address issues that no one want to confront today... why is it always me that is given the hard jobs... why why why meeeeeeeee:rolleyes: Why is meeee that needs to suffer... why is it me that... lost may train of thought here... I'll back when I catch up with it... ohhhh... oh... move the keys on the key board... Oh my the way beautiful gift thanks Jesuskeeper76... happy.. happy... move the keys to more and say... happy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

I am 7 days late [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is tara And I am upset because I am not streed And I am 7 days late for my p word And my last p word was on the 20 auges 2006 And my nippe end are going brown and I fell sick and sleepy all the time And my homoren are all other the place Please can you help me and I am...

F1 to H1 - just 5 days on F1 [ 6 Answers ]

To Atlantataxexpert I have followed your posts on this forum and request your advice on my case. I am an Indian citizen working on H1B. My H1 started on Jan 6, 2005 and I was on OPT (F1) from Jan 1 to Jan 5, 2005, I was outside the US from Dec 5 to Dec 31, 2005. If I am not wrong, I pass the...

Sptting for nine days - pt [ 5 Answers ]

I have no idea what is going on with my body and it is driving me nuts. I went off the patch in Auguest 2005, for health reasons and I eventually want to give our daughter a sibling. My husband and I have been trying since September, but I did not start charting with the Book until October. By...

Three days late! [ 2 Answers ]

Well I just wanted to thank all of you for your support all the times I had questions. I took a hpt today and... positive... Yes! Chery I'm going to the dr. as soon as I can get in. (I just knew you would say something) I will keep you all posted. I hope that this isn't a false positive and I...

View more questions Search