Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naddina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Waking up to Chanting Could be Native American
    Hi I moved to Asheville NC in the county area, been here for a year!
    I and also my Oldest Son and Partner have woke up to these strange Chants.
    I think it may be Native American not sure.
    It is always in between sleep and waking when this Chanting happens, and not always every day.
    Here is some of the Chants
    Osinana Oshinana
    This also had a Vision with it People wearing skins. A Man in the center of a Circle of People with an Animal in his arms held above his head. He walked around the Circle of People they all had long Black Hair.

Another Chant
    Dan Da Da Da Dee Omache Omache ( This was a Man Chanting )

I didn't have a vision with this one and there have been others,such as in Harmony men and woman Chanting or just woman or just a Man
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 08:50 AM

It sounds Native American to me.
    Maybe you live on or near an former Native American reservation or some ritual site.
    The Cherokee's lived in your area.

Other than that if somebody is playing some tape of this you can pick it up into your dream.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Aug 8, 2009, 12:36 PM
    My sister and I had the same issue happen but the chants where very different and in fact scary because it was a group of men but there was also a very distinct voice from them like a deep voice. The sound came directly above us right over our heads in bed and sometimes it sounded like it came out of the window and this only happened three times in that particular house. We also had various native tribes here like the Deerfoots, Crowfoots, Blackfoots etc.

I guess the big question is how does it make you feel? Are you scared? Are you comfortable? Burning some Sage or Sweet Grass in a dish may be useful. It is a Native American belief that once you burn the Sage or Sweet Grass that you are asking for the related spirits to come to you... it is kind of a offering to the spirits - wash your hands and face in the smoke - buy a feather and use the feather to push the smoke all around your body and the home to cleanse the area. Maybe the chanting will stop.
    booboobear5000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 06:52 AM
    I am originally from asheville, North Carolina and our family has cherokee blood on both sides. I believe you are hearing spirits of the past, perhaps it is a holy place where you are and the spirits have not nor ever will leave it. Be glad, if you hear them then you are a part of the ceremony and protected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native American Jewelry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the history of Squash Blossom necklaces?

Native american hallmarks [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a list of native american jewelry hallmarks so that I can identify the mark on a brooch that I aqquired. Any help would be appreciated

Native american art [ 1 Answers ]

All my sacred ways is a water color by Jonny Hawks is it worth any thing?

View more questions Search