Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2006, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angel129
    :confused: hey everybody im new to this but i have a question i had a pregnancy test that came out positive and it was very showable but now im scared because i started bleeding alittle then todays its more but i have very strong cramps ive never had this before wat could it be please help.
    For your own peace of mind, please see a doctor.

This could be something as simple as heavy spotting -- Or it could be something as dire as an ectopic pregnancy.

Again -- For your own peace of mind, as well as your own health, please see a doctor.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2006, 07:28 AM
    WAKE UP GIRL!! Your life has changed. The genie is out of the bottle and you can't put it back. You now have to go on from here. Maybe now (though its too late), you understand why adults counsel against kids your age becoming sexually active. Kids your age (as you are demonstrating) don't have the maturity to deal with the consequences.

But the die is cast and you have to grow up fast. You have to take care of yourself and you have decisions to make about your future. You clearly are not prepared to make these decisions totally on your own. So you HAVE to get help! I can't emphasize this enough. The first thing you need to do is have a doctor check you out. If you can't get to a clinic or emergency room on your own, then you need to get someone to take you. If that's one or both of your parents then that's the way it has to be.

But you now have greater responsibility then just your life and you have to face up to them and take care of them.

You came to us and asked for advice. We have given you the best advice we can, NOW TAKE IT!!!!!
    lgraham05 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 09:22 AM
    No matter how your family would feel, if you want this baby then you need to go to the doctor! I was sitting on my couch one night and literally looked down and was covered in blood and passed out that so much fell out on my way to the bathroom! Once I came too, my ex hubby had called my mom and she came and called my doctor and they told me to take a test so I did and it was positive and I had to go straight in there for an ultrasound. I had miscarried one baby but still was pregnant with another and there was a problem with her. There was a blood clot in between her and where she was planting and she was barely connected and I was put on bedrest until I was 8 months pregnant and she lived and was born 8lbs 6.5oz!! If it weren't for me going to the doctor, I would have lost my beautiful little girl (who is now 3) and wouldn't have the joy of having a daughter! So, if you care... GO TO THE DOCTOR! If the test said positive, your pregnant and you should go to the doctor to see what is going on. Hope this helps you!
    angel129 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2006, 08:10 AM
    OK but in my mind I am lost because what people were telling me which was my friends mom she said oh don't worrie its just your period but I've never had pain I bled till today oct 7 06 and its gone now so maybe it was my period but what I don't understand is why the test came out positive did it lie I mean it was very showable and I don't know what to think you know maybe the scare is over or something so I don't know what do you think now I woke up sore this morning arms legs back but that's it so what could it have been my only question to you is why the test came positive please anser me that
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 08:32 AM
    If the test came out positive you are pregnant. There is no other answer than that.

Have your friends ever been pregnant? I have, 5 times to be exact. I have 4 children, and lost 1. I am also working toward the nursing profession and my specialty is going to be obstetrics in teens (at least that is what I want right now). So, honey, you are pregnant.

You NEED to tell your parents. This will not go away like a pimple on your face does. It will only continue to grow. You now have a lifetime responsibility and it will not be easy to do on your own. You need help and your parents will help you.

Oct 7, 2006, 08:45 AM
    Well you girls are very helpful but I think to me the scare is over but I just want to know why the test came positive and maybe the hole thig was a lie so what do I do now I don't want to tell my parents if its not there right so what should I think yes or no am I ahhh:mad:
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 08:48 AM
    I can only say it one way.

YOU ARE PREGNANT. SO TELL YOUR PARENTS.

There do you understand that?

Oct 7, 2006, 09:02 AM
    OK well that's helping but not explaining because OK if I go and say I am and I'm not well ima feel dum so you think the test didn't lie but I bled from the 2nd to the 7th and today was the day I was suppose to get my period but if the test knew that it was a lie would it still have come positive huh
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 09:16 AM
    First of all the test does not lie. Only people lie. Sometimes the test will tell people that they are not pregnant when they really are. But rarely will the test tell people that they are pregnant when they aren't. Does that make sense to you?

So you need to talk to your parents. There is nothing else you can do, just tell them that you need to go to the doctor.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Oct 7, 2006, 09:34 AM
    I've been sitting and watching this thread for awhile and honestly it's getting old. You have a couple of options here and no more time to be indecisive about making a decision about this.
    1. Go tell your parents and see a dr.
    2. Do nothing and possible kill your baby and yourself

You know I would pick option one. It might be hard to do, but honestly I would rather have a new addition to my family than to have to bury my daughter.
    You made the decision to have sex. Now make the right decision and at least go to the dr and see what options you have there. The more you sit and "think" about it the more risk you have of killing yourself and your child. How would you feel if your mom did that to you? This may be an unwanted pregnancy and you may chose to have an abortion or give that child up for adoption. That's your choice and you and your parents are the only ones that can make that decision. But sitting here not getting the proper medical care or talking to a dr in person is a bad decision.
    NOBODY here can properly diagnose you. It is impossible to do that over the internet. What are you waiting for? The problem isn't going to go away and no matter what we can do for you here we are not able to make up for a real life personal visit to the dr. So quit procrastinating and get off your rear and face the music. We have all had to do the same thing if not in the same situation. It's time to grow up and your going to have to do it quick if your going to keep the baby. Go tell your parents and get your butt into a dr. That's what being responsible is all about. Personally I don't care how dumb you feel. I bet you'd feel even dumber having to be rushed to the hospital in a ambulance because your bleeding to death and then having to tell your parents that you could have prevented it. How dumb would that be?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2006, 10:01 AM
    If your having cramps and bleeding lots. It is a possibility that you had a spontaneous miscarriage. GO TO YOUR DOCTOR. Like Myth said this post is getting old and there is not any action on your part which could kill you and your possible baby.

Joe
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Thank you Myth and Joe. Glad you could join us in this "old" discussion.

Look, as the others said, this is getting old.

Go to the doctor, talk to your mother. There is nothing more here we can do for you.

You took it upon yourself to have sex, now be mature enough to take responsibility for your actions!

Oct 7, 2006, 10:11 AM
    So well you know what I'm not going to bother no more I'm just going to say that is was just my period I still dnot understand why the test lie so with all respect thanks for everything you guys were a great help and I'm not going to take no actions and well I'm guessing life is never right so you kow just forget the hole storie of the baby because to me I don't believe it since to me my period came and that's how it goes but the test anser I will never understand
    Expert

Oct 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Okay if you had a miscarriage (which could be what the bleeding was) then you could still have some baby left inside you. This could possibly kill you if you get an infection.

I am guessing you want to die cause you do not seem to want to take care of yourself. So write your parents a letter and tell them how much you loved them and that you are sorry you did not take better care of yourself.

Don't be so freaking stubborn, grow up. You were grown up enough to get laid, now be grown up enough to keep yourself alive.

Oct 7, 2006, 10:20 AM
    OK I know that much OK to tell you the truth I did want this child OK but after hearting verybody tell me its my period that its just a week early OK that's all the pain went away for an hour when I took a pill but I felt like shocks were there so you know since the blood should go away maybe today I guess it was so please don't worrie about me just all I wanted to know why did a pregnancy test lie when it knew that I was not pregnant you understand so I told my aunt she said that if it was a miscarige it only takes a day so she said don't worrie take a pill and that its your period and to stop saying crud so since she said that I don't believe I am because she took the hope away right so I did tell sumbody not much help thow

Thanks for all the help I already told my aunt she said just to stop saying things my family is not the people who believe things like that you see how hard it is to tell my family so now what tests lie big deal
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Who are you anyway. Why are you so thick? The tests do not lie. You were pregnant. If you checked it out with the doctor you would know for sure. Some people still even have their periods while there pregnant. Might be rare but does happen. Good luck with your life. If it was a miscarriage then you do need to get checked out. Especially if you continue to bleed.

Hoping the best for you.

Joe
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
    Its really a shame that you have an aunt who cares so little about you and a family that you are so scared of. I think the people here care more about you then your aunt does. Because we have given you good and caring advice while your aunt has given you "crud".

Pregnancy tests are 99% accurate. Therefore, it is very likely that you were pregnant. Wherther the bleeding was a miscarrage or not is impossible for ANYONE but a doctor to confirm. I strongly suggest that you take another test (there is usually more than one in the box). And if it still comes up positive then you NEED to see a docotr. If you aunt cares about you she will take you to see one.

Oct 8, 2006, 03:41 PM
    I know I have a family like that so I really don't know but thanks for all your help you guys are great
    Vicky_27 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Oct 12, 2006, 02:17 PM
    If there is any way you can see a doctor I would - I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and have previously had 3 miscarriages. They always say you can have a wrong negative test, but not a wrong positive. So the test was right. You need to see a professional for your own health if nothing else. The heavy cramping and bleeding is worrying. Implantation bleeding is not normally heavy. But although I've been through it I'm not a professional. You NEED to talk to someone professional. ASAP.
    My thoughts are with you.x x
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Please read this about implantation bleeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand? [ 9 Answers ]

Help Please! A few months ago my husband and I began trying to conceive. My cycle were always pretty normal before about 28-32 days. Now all of a sudden since we have been having unprotected sex they have completely flipped. They are only 20 days apart and not normal. Before I would start heavy and...

Just don't understand [ 2 Answers ]

I am an independent 22 yr old male college student who goes to school full-time. I also work two jobs and between them make over $20,000/yr. I have done this for the last year and a half. Now my question is, even though I have have extra money taken out of every paycheck, my state and federal...

Parents don't understand! [ 5 Answers ]

Ever since I had a boyfriend my parents make it hard on me.They think that all my attention goes on him and not my school work.Now he's my fionce and my parents think that we are getting married so I can move in with him.Well it's not true.I love him and he loves me.We have been friends since...

How I can make her understand [ 2 Answers ]

Hi ! All, I met this girl last Saturday.. before that I used to communicate with her over telephone for around 2 months.. . We live in two different cities. We had a very nice meeting.. we spend good two days together at her city. I really liked her as a person and proposed her to marry me.....

Need to understand [ 2 Answers ]

Of course if I was you I would ask why wouldn't I be able to go. Wait until she gives a reply. There could be a side to her that she doesn't want you to see! ::) There could be another male friend she's seeing. Don't get your hopes down she may just want to hang with the girls! After all it is...

View more questions Search