Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saints65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Ducted heating - hot air does not blow (only room temprature air blows through duct)
    Hi All,

I have an old ducted heater (gas) located outside my house. Not sure of the name only could see a sticker saying Southern Heating. The thermostat inside the house is like a dial, make is honeywell.

When I set the thermostat any where from 15 degrees to 30 degrees, I can hear the equipment working and air blows through the duct. The air which blows is normal room temperature and not hot air.

I switched off the power switch (located outside) and switched on but no effect. I was looking for the location of auto pilot button, could not find it.

Would greatly appreciate if you can give me inputs as to how to tackle the issue.

Thanks
    Saints 65
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Thinking you are talking about a package system sounds like the blower is working but maybe the compressor isn`t. would be kind of hard to direct you from long distance there are a number of things to be checked out, would be quicker to get someone local to check it out, one thing you could do is go under house and make sure all the return and supply duct work is attached and in place,

Good luck,, and let us know if we can be of any more help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Air Duct Return Blows Instead of Sucks [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I need your help. I have purchased a home that has a new Hi-Effency forced air furnace. The house has a 2 1/2 ft crawl space - no basement. The heating and return ducts are below under the floor boards of the house in the crawl space. The crawl space is insulated as are the ducts. My...

My furnace will not blow hot air, it blows cold air only. [ 5 Answers ]

My home furnace is not working properly. It only blows cold air.

My furnace blow hot air and after a while it blows it out cold. [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace blows hot air and after a while it blows it out cold. What could be the problem?

Ducted heating control is reading room temp incorrectly. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a vulcan ducted heating system, model no. 9255. The control unit is displaying the room temp as 35C when it is actually 11C or less. 35C is the max temp possible. As the room temp is displayed at the max temp, the heating will not come on as it its thermostatically controlled. I have...

My furnace will not blow hot air, it blows cold air only. [ 2 Answers ]

my furnace does not blow hot air. And the red light indicator stays on continues. My furenace is westinghouse it is 4 years old. And the furnace keeps on working even when I turned off from the in the termostat. I can only turn it off by unplaging the power cord. The wiring diagram in the furnace...

View more questions Search