Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amrcnjckjosh Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Misprinted one dollar bill
    I have a one dollar bill that is crisp and new. Looks like a 2003 dollar bill by design and layout. On the other hand, it is dated 1981. Is there any worth to it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2009, 01:04 PM

I would have it checked to see since by all ideas this is not possible
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2009, 02:21 PM

Hi, amrcnjckjosh!

Would it be possible for you to post images of the front and back of it here?

If you need help in doing that, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!

May 25, 2009, 03:34 PM
    I'm going to try to post the picture here. Give me a few. Thank you, Clough!

May 25, 2009, 03:53 PM

Ok, I have no clue how to post the pics here. Can you help me please?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2009, 06:33 PM

amrcnjckjosh -the answer to your question ; is it vauleable ? -{yes } it sounds to me that it is one of the notes that is printed andis messed up and they are called [error notes] you wopuld be surprizedf how many in all different denominations and the different ways they are miss printed;; like there are some that are printed with one side printed as a 410.00 bill and the other side is a $20.00 bill; one side is upright and the other side is upside down:: one side is printed right and say the face side has the printing of the back side also :: i hope you can get a picture of front and back posted :: in the mean time send me what you csan off the front and back sides : what picture is on the friont :: the signaturesthe date with the letter followingit >color of the seal:: is there a star before or after the serial number;; across the top in center of the note [what type of note is it?? {a silver certificate? A federal reserve bank note? : a legal tender note? Or what?? I may be able to ideify the bill this way ::what denomination of the note?? : a $1.00$5.00 or what?? Waiting your reply :: have a better tomorrow and god bless:: f.b.e.

May 25, 2009, 10:52 PM

I added the "do not copy". It may be a regular bill. I just think since it is crisp like a new bill it's odd with the years date to be so new.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...sh/Dollar2.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...sh/dOLLAR1.jpg
    Uber Member

May 26, 2009, 12:00 AM

Hi again, amrcnjckjosh!

The easiest way that I've found to post images here in the threads is to click on the "Answer this Question" box. You have more options there, as far as how you can post, and you click on the little image of a paper clip to upload images.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2009, 08:14 PM

+amrcnjckjosh - i ran threw my books and could not find the type of error note that you have:: i will have to go to the library to get the book that has just error notes in it:: i did find out the other things i wanted to know to pass on to you and others that read this post :: this is a federal reserve note <<series 1981a, green seal;; signatures are {ortega and ronald regan:: the d_4 that you see on the face side is the federal reserve bank distric that this note came from:: the usa is made up of 12federal reserve bank districts:: starting in bostonand ending in san franscio :: starting with boston which is {a-1, then new yorjk n.y. is b-2;; st louis is h8, richmond is c-3, philadeliphia ;;.atalanta,chicago :: philadelphia:now on the signatures:: [ortega and regan] were in office for only awhile :[:from -09/22/83 until 02/03/1985] ;;; i hope that this has answered your questions so far > i will get back with you on the rest of it as soo as i can get my hands on the book i need :: have a good day and god bless ::f.b.e. thanks for your help on this post clough f.b.e.

May 27, 2009, 11:33 PM

Wow, thank you "Flying Blue Eagle". So to my understanding, Regan and Ortega were in office from '83 to '85, which means with the dollar bill I have dated 1981, this bill is signed by Regan and Ortega before they were in office? Which I know would be a misprint but would there be any worth to this at all? You know, besides a dollar? Lol. I do thank you for your help on this! I would not know where to begin to look this stuff up.
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Hi again, amrcnjckjosh!

So that things can readily be seen on this thread, I've posted the images of what you have below.

Thanks!

Name:  Dollar 1 - Use.jpg
Views: 18192
Size:  188.4 KB

Name:  Dollar 2 - Use.jpg
Views: 11433
Size:  152.0 KB

May 28, 2009, 02:18 PM

Thank you for doing that Clough! I couldn't figure out how to post the images on here. Thank you again!
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 05:36 PM

You're welcome! When I first started to post images, I had to practice a lot and figure out the various ways that it can be done here.

The way that I suggested earlier to you, is probably the easiest way.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 09:22 PM

amrcnjckjosh- i had something like this
    To happen back last year and i called washington about it and then passed on what was said < all his answer did was to cause more confusion<so i faxed the papers of the whole thing and this timer i sent it to the #1 man :
    I got a letter from him explaining how currency could be printed and the signatures be on the currency: i named different notes dateing back to 1950, and he said how this takes: :this was over a $5.00 note,dated 1957,and signed by {anderson and priest} and they did not take office until ,{07/29/57- threw 01/20/61:: i will say thgis <in the letter he said that a lot of the us currency is printed at a latter date but is printed with a lot eariler date on them :: just like the ones i asked about as early as 1950; now i will find these letter in my files and clough said he will help me to learn some of this on how to post images on to these posts,and as soon as i can i will send you a copy on a post ,on this site ;; hey clough >very good job on posting the notes on this post .;;

May 28, 2009, 10:28 PM

Flying Blue Eagle:: Oh OK. So basically the Dollar Bill was dated 1981 but was not signed and produced until a few years later? Wow that is confusing on why they would do it that way. But, would there be any value besides $1 to it? If so I would like to keep it for another 10 years or so.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2009, 08:52 PM

amrcnjckjosh- as i said on one of the eariler posts _yes it does have value to it <now and later the value should be even more> as soon as i can get the other book i spoke about <i will have you a answer to the rest of your questions:: currency book on errors of usa paper money < it has several in that book <that is all its aboutreg currency books only have a few listed
    so just hang in there and keep your faith up the truth be known < and a big surprise to people is the[ fact}{ that a lot of paper currency is printed several years latter and dated several years earlier:: the same with coins_ example the 1804 to 18012;; the ones that were actully stamped on the press and releasded were {not } }{ minted until 1835-76, but dated 1804 ectect:: ,have a great day and god bless ::f.b.e.

May 29, 2009, 09:58 PM

Flying Blue Eagle- Thank you again. I know I seem to be a pest about the value of it. I do apologize for that. I'm just a bit excited about it. Again thank you for your help!
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 08:06 PM

amrcnjckjosh - you very welcome_ i really love helping others with there questions about coins and currency:: and most of all {i hate to see people taken advange of and cheated :: i also learn from this a lot of the time:: i have been a collector of cvoins and paper currency since i was (7) years old , and now , lets just put it almost over the hill ,no spring chicken any more ;; it makes me feel good when i find out that i really helped them out <and kept them froom being hood winked <by the dishonest one out there thsat give others a bad name :: will i guess i had better close for now <but- you can bet your bottom dollar that just as soon as i can get my hands on that book i will talk to you <ok have a great day and god bless ::you to clough: f.b.e.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 08:12 PM
    clough and every one else:: I have a question for youall :: Where does the expression?" two bits" come from?? //
    answeer any one??
    Have fun :f.b.e.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 04:48 AM
    FBE, I found this on wiki.

Two bits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misprinted $1 bill [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find out if the $1 bill I have is worth more than $1? It has not been in circulation & is still in great condition. The seals that should appear on the front are imprinted on the Back & the serial number that should be on front is on the back,

Two Dollar bill [ 3 Answers ]

Very simple Question I have several two dollar bills are they at all worth more than just the face value that is are they worth more than Two Dollars each curious thanks Ron Snyder

2 dollar bill [ 2 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 2 dollar bill with the red seal on it

Misprinted dollar bill? [ 7 Answers ]

Do the front of the bill and the back have to line up? The bill I have is offset when viewed up to the light. Is this common? Ace

View more questions Search