Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Oct 3, 2006, 07:41 AM
    UserNames
    There are a lot of cool and different usernames that I have been curious about since I joined. I am curious as to how people come up with these names! Anyone want to share as to how you came up with these names?

Mine: "Single for a reason"
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2006, 07:48 AM
    KRS - very simple... short for my mine ;)
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Oct 3, 2006, 07:56 AM
    BIM - nickname given to me by my late father. My mother calls me BIM to this day. :p

I could have used "Seahag" - that was a nickname also, or "baby tender love" - remember the doll? (Am I aging myself)

I am curious about WildCat (assuming a sports team name), Tal, Magpro, Myth, etc. I could go on and on...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 3, 2006, 07:57 AM
    Hmmm now I wonder.
    Well I can do a very good impression of Michael Jackson when he was in the Jackson 5 (BIG hair) and the rest sort of explains itself really ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2006, 07:59 AM
    Just beware of curlyben he is evil... :p
    Naughty man... :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 3, 2006, 08:01 AM
    What me!
    *Looks about sheepishly* ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2006, 08:02 AM
    Yes you... the one with the big curly hair lol ;)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 09:16 AM
    I used to go for unique usernames on the various sites where one is needed, but now I go for this one (my first name and last initial) if it's available. If it's not, then one of my two backup usernames is always available - as it includes my wife's unique name:

Ricknlida
    Or
    Lidanrick
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Mines initials and dates

Another I've used is "quietest_rhino", as this is my daughters nickname for me, though its usually "rhino" from her. She calls me rhino because I'm taller and broad shouldered and I don't usually move much if she bumps into me, and the quietest part comes from my ninja stealth. OK. Not really, but sort of.

I used to work a lot of night hours and when id come home I could get in the door without waking anyone. I just seem to know how to walk quietly, and this would sometimes startle her. She lived with her mother for years without anyone in the house, so on more than one occasion she get up and be startled cause id be some big guy in the hall.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2006, 09:52 AM
    I use my first name and a play on my last name. I've used this on several sites for screennames and e-mail addresses.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 3, 2006, 10:04 AM
    When I first came on here, I was severely depressed and I'm from Missouri. I would like to change my screen name, but then no one would know who I am anymore... Still have my ups and downs, but no longer severely depressed:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Basically amount other things I am a minister and pastor,

When I first started using computers way back when I used Fr_Chuck for my hotmail account. So about 7 years ago when another answer site askme.com started I was answering things there and just used Fr Chuck. As time progressed from that site and a couple of other sites, a lot of people started to reconise the name, So I just use the same one about everywhere I go now.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Mine was a joke that carried on. Someone said "Dude, if you're going to do that you're gonna need some karma". I guess he was referring to the evening out process involved with planning something naughty. Not that I totally believe in the whole karma thing but John Lennon had an interesting concept when he sang about instant karma.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Oct 3, 2006, 06:49 PM
    Mine was just picked methodically for memorizing a user name. 31pumpkin is my daughter. She was born on a halloween & looked like a pumpkin. No, she is a pumpkin! Hence, 31 pumpkin (oct.31) :D
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2006, 09:38 PM
    I am a married man and never get to express myself when I have an idea or something to say so I choose letmetellu just so I could sound like I had something intelligent to say.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Oct 4, 2006, 10:08 AM
    I was given Myth from a very good online friend that I have never met face to face. He nicknamed me it from the song "Vermillion part 2" by slipknot. It's stuck since the time we were going to meet up we never got to and to this day I'm the Myth that he'll never meet. I use it on most of the boards I go to if available. If not then I go by DrewsMyth. I even use it in live chatrooms when I actually go in them... So that's the myth behind the myth
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Oct 4, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Oops... I did not notice the "Similar Threads" section below which shows that someone already had a "usernames and avatars" started this past June! I will better investigate next time!

Thanks for sharing!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 4, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Scott Ruby... Scott Diamond perhaps brother to Dustin Diamond... will these questions ever be answered?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2006, 05:56 AM
    How about Scott Sapphire, that sounds nice. Or even Scott Jade.

Of course its not hard to figure out if one opens their eyes :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usernames and avatars [ 92 Answers ]

I'm just curious about the significance of everyone's usernames and avatars, if you have an avatar. For me, my username is orange because orange is my favorite color and also my favorite fruit. :) My avatar is a painting I did for a friend, of her cat that died a while back.

View more questions Search