Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javajeff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Gas in crank case
    Troybilt lawn tractor - "Super Bronco" mower dies. I pull plug off crank case and a quart of gasoline/oil mix comes out. How is the gasoline getting into the crankcase?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 05:53 PM

Oil breather is broke.

Usually replaceable from the outside of the block. Usually there is a hose to nowhere attached to it.

Other possible reason is that the fuel valve is sticking because of being stored without any kind of fuel stabilizer for 3 months or more.

Both can cause it. The former is a slow process. The latter is not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn mower will not crank, begins to crank and locks up. [ 1 Answers ]

I try starting my lawnmower (Craftsman DLT 3000, 18.5 HP), the engine starts to crank and locks up. I remove the spark plug and engine keeps cranking. When I put the spark plug back in the engine begins to crank and locks up. I can manually turn back the pully cover on top the engine and the...

96 GMC Sierra no crank [ 3 Answers ]

Today the truck was starting slow, sounding like it was turning over under water, but then starting and running fine. This evening I went to start it and nothing. No turn over no cranking, nothing. Replaced the battery and still nothing. Checked all fuses and fuel pump, nothing. Checked the...

No Crank [ 2 Answers ]

'03 Honda civic hybrid--100,000 miles. Good batterey voltage--does not spin the "starter", when key is turned--checked both the in and the out clutch switches and both work properly. This is new diagnostic problem for me -- having vast experience with all other forms of vehicles. Haven't...

Car does not crank [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2001 Toyota Corolla. When I turn on the ignition switch the engine does not crank but there is a rapid crik, crik, crik,. sound coming from the hood. I tried to jump start and the same rapid crik, crik, crik,. sound coming from the hood. It sounds like there is some problem with the...

View more questions Search