Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Best fake tan for really pale skin?
    Hi there,

I was wondering what the best brand of fake tan was for getting a really light, natural looking tan on really ivory-white skin?

I cannot emphasis how pale I am, I'm like one shade pinker than albino and there is basically no natural bronze or brown tones to my skin. I normally like being pale, it suits me, but in the summer it can look a little sickly. Plus, pale isn't flattering on the beach in a bathing suit!

So, I need to know what product won't turn me orange or make me look like I've bathed in coffee. I'm happy with either a home application product or one which you have to go to a salon to get sprayed with. I want to just look a little warmer, like a tan is beginning, not like I've been baking for weeks. I am not interested in the gradual build-up moisturizers as I would like a quick result.

Thank you!
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

May 22, 2009, 01:27 PM

'Make believe' is awesome. Its more golden, not super orange or dark like other ones. I found mine on eBay. Here is one that is up :
    Make Believe Fake Tan 200 ml - eBay (item 120421931832 end time May-24-09 09:48:52 PDT)
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

May 23, 2009, 01:03 PM

You can try jergens natural glow. I used it and it works well. I'm not sure if it is sold in scotland though.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 02:10 PM

I don't know if you will be able to get it but there is a tan available in ireland called 'sally hanson' its like make up for your body. Totally flawless when you put it on.
    LovesTheSun13 Posts: 68, Reputation: -2

Jun 6, 2009, 11:29 AM
    I know that a redhead, in most cases cannot tan using the sun because you're skin does not produce Melanin, the bronze shade in eyes, hair and skin. Use Touch Of Sun by Olay, it makes a brown color. But most other gradual tanners make an orange shade.. not pretty. I have really pale skin, like you. But I've tanned it away with the sun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

I have pale skin [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm an indian girl living in europe and my mom is really fair my my dad is quite dark. But I have pale yellow skin and I always look like I'm ill. Is there a solution for this? Thanks so much for your help.

Pale, freckley skin? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a natural strawberry blonde, blue-eyed person, but what I don't like is how pale my skin is. I get a lot of sun, but my skin hardly darkens the tiniest bit, just gets sunburned. I know it would look odd with my coloring to be really tan, but is there just a way to maybe fix my white freckley...

Skin Lightening for Pale Skin [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering a few things. What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?

View more questions Search