Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joe123cal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Air conditioners
    Does it make a real economical difference a seer of 13 versus 14.5. Is Rheem classic 5 ton a good one?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 21, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Rheem unit is OK. Usually it depends upon the price spread and how many hours your unit runs per year and the cost of utilitys.
    joe123cal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Rheem unit is OK. Usually it depends upon the price spread and how many hours your unit runs per year and the cost of utilitys.
    hvac1000 I need new air conditioner split unit 5 ton ? Seer 13 or 14.5, I have quotes for Rheem Classic 13 seer for $3300 and a York 5 also with a seer 14 with better warranty for 4600. I haven't seen these kind of questions here and certainly appreciate your opinion. Note I am in South Florida.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 23, 2009, 01:11 PM
    See what the Rheem will cost with the better warranty. Got to compare apples to apples.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2009, 07:06 PM

Are both systems 410 or r-22?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air conditioners [ 3 Answers ]

What are the top 3 brand names for air central air conditioners with 16 - 17.3 seers and what is the recommended price to pay with warranty, installation and programmable thermostat. We are in South Texas and need one ASAP. Ours is shot and we've had several estimates.

Hotel Air Conditioners [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know how to repair hotel Ac's? We have about 50 of our rooms blowing hot air and not cooling... anyone have any troubleshooting help for me? Thanks in advance!

Solar Air conditioners [ 1 Answers ]

HI All I am looking for a small solar powered AC unit which I could put in a small room (size 2 x 2 x 1.8 meters). This room is mainly made of glass and I am now using it as a storage room. The AC unit could replace one of the roof panels and I would prefer it to a modular type with little...

Goodman Air Conditioners [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody have an opinion on Goodman air conditioners,compared to Trane,Carrier, Quality,etc,etc? Thanks, Sam

Servicing Air Conditioners [ 5 Answers ]

Can I add refrigerant to my 1998 Dodge Caravan air conditioning system?

View more questions Search