Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Circuit wiring
    Why would electrician wire all circuits into 1900 boxes in attic and then run drops from there.

It is great for adding more drops. Never seen it done this way before.

Chuck
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 06:31 AM

If the walls were already up, I could understand. Personally I don't like attics, Still go up many. I would go from box to box to minimum attic time. Code allows both.
    It also uses less wire.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 08:47 AM

I agree with u as far as working in attics. House was built in 1972 with no additions.

The basement is also wired with 1900 boxes in ceiling and all circuits going to them.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit braker [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove any circuit braker from a tillium main braker panel?

GFI circuit breaker -doesn't test [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GFI circuit breaker in my panel that will not test. Does that mean it if faulty and needs to be replaced or do I have a load someplace that needs to be located? Thanks

New range electric circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a new electric range and noticed it needs a 40 amp circuit. The line that is already run to the current range outlet is only 30 amps. How big a problem is this and will I be constantly tripping the breaker? Thanks Paul Brown

Refrigerator circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am moving my refrigerator and need to know if it is requird to be its own dedicate circuit? Does it need to be a GFI

GFI Circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am in process of having a 7KW 220 volt steam generator installed. I had a licensed electrician install a 40 amp GFI circuit using #8 4-wire (red, black, white, and copper) to location according to local code. However, the machine's wiring diagram only calls for two hot wires (black and red) a...

View more questions Search