Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ann S Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Cutting brick for use as flooring pavers
    Hi all,
    I have quite a few "antique" brick I salvaged locally. They are solid pavers. I am remodeling my kitchen and would love to use these bricks for the floor, but I need to have them only 1/2" to 3/4" thick for this use. I have a tile wet saw. Is it possible to "slice" them into uniform pavers for use as an interior floor, and if so, what sort of saw/blade would work best? Thank you all as always!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 02:30 PM

A lot of work, but can be done. Recommend set saw at 1/2'' and cut with diamond blade. Take your time. May be able to get 2 out of each brick.

Good luck

Chuck
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2009, 07:43 PM

I really doubt this is going to fly. Been cutting brick for 30 years.

How are these paver's going to be set?
    If they are not 100% solid as you set them then they will brake/crack Just jiving you a heads up here.

As a contractor I would never lay 1/2" + brick to walk on unless its was fired and manufactured for that install..
    ( old Mason here)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sealing and cleaning brick pavers [ 1 Answers ]

We are about to seal our 1 year old driveway. What type of cleaner should be used? We have some asphalt on a few of our bricks after they did the roadway. How can we remove this? We also have the usual tire tracks, few grease stains, and a couple of tiny iron stains, any suggestions on...

Cutting brick/mortar for doorway [ 2 Answers ]

hello hope someone can help me. most of you guys know when the woman gets tired of waiting she gets angry and tries to do herself. Or goes the other route and "complains" (hate gender terms that debase someone). Well I am at the former state and boy am I angry!:mad: we have approx 6' x 6'...

How to clean, stain and reseal brick pavers [ 3 Answers ]

We have old brick pavers with a little water damage that have been painted, stripped and lightly sealed, that we want to clean them up. Any suggestions?

Putting a price on cleaning and sealing brick pavers? [ 2 Answers ]

How much do I charge residential customers in a sealing and cleaning brick pavers?

Sealing driveway brick pavers [ 2 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how to seal driveay brick pavers and which sealer product worked well for you? Thanks, Dan

View more questions Search