Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vj102994 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Water fountain with no water
    :confused:
    We have a water/drinking fountain on the pool deck of our condo association. We recently had the deck pressure washed and ever since then the fountains have not worked. I have checked the breaker, and all the GFI plugs and all is well. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get water to come on to them. The pool deck was only built about 2 years ago so the fountains are new so to speak. Please let me know if you have an answer. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 20, 2009, 04:03 PM

So this has a cooler built into it, right? Check the outlet for power using a teser. However, lack of power usually does not stop the warm water from flowing in these units so try disconnecting the supply line to see if there is water pressure.
    vj102994 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    So this has a cooler built into it, right? Check the outlet for power using a teser. Howver, lack of power usually does not stop the warm water from flowing in these units so try disconnecting the supply line to see if there is water pressure.
    Yes it does have a cooler built into it, I have used a tester to al the outlets but, this unit is hard wired in the wall. There is pressure to all the other water lines. The odd thing is that both of them stopped at the same time. Both electrical or water going out at once what are the chances? Thank you and maybe you have another idea.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 21, 2009, 02:06 PM

The ones I have experience with will operate with no power, just won't cool. I guess its possible you have an electrically operated swicth the actuates the water valve. If its hardwired then just open the box in the wall and tset at the wire connections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair concrete water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large 3 tiered concrete water fountain (4 foot diameter of bottom tier) that leaks in the bottom tier. I left it uncovered last winter and it got a large crack in the bottom tier. I have tried to fix it with concrete patch stuff but it didn't hold up and started leaking again. The...

Water fountain won't pump [ 6 Answers ]

I inherited a three-level water fountain with a house I purchased, which worked fine at the time of purchase. After a winter passed, refilling the fountain produced no water movement, even though I can hear the pump running. With no instructions at hand, how do I to locate the problem?

Landscaping backyard water fountain [ 1 Answers ]

I need some landscaping ideas for setting a free standing water fountain in my back yard. Where can I go to get some ideas?

Water fountain? [ 5 Answers ]

My cat demands the faucet to be turned on to a trikle so she can get a drink, she refuses to drink from any water dish. She will not quit meowing until I give in and do it. How do I break her from this?

Washing Machine water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

What should I do if the cold water is coming out of the handle of the spigot instead of the mouth when I hook up the washing machine hose and turn on the water? Older home has very narrow water line to the laundry area. Should probably install shut-off valves before the faucets too. Could...

View more questions Search