Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivt465 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Tires won't engage
    I just put tubes in the rear tires on my John Deer L110... they won't engage What did I do wrong putting them on?
    loves2hunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 02:01 PM

Where can I find an owners manual for a 17 1/2 hp yard machine riding mower. I really need a scematic for the rear end gear box. I took it apart and forgot how to assemble a spring on the right side of mower. I was trying to find out why the mower is lunging when it is in gear. I replaced the trans belts and then thought a gear may have been broken. I found no gear issues but it is still lunging, especially when the pto is engaged. Can you help me. /it feels like a belt is loose but they are all tight
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 20, 2009, 03:58 PM

We got two different posts going on here and ivt465 was here first. Love2 you must go to the top of the page and click ASK so you can start your own post. I am answering ivt's question only here. Installing tubes in the tire will not cause this problem. However if your wheels had keys on the axle and you left them out you could get this issue. Did they have a keyway and key? Check the drive belt to the tansmission from the engine, does it move when you put the unit in gear?
    mikeymike64 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

May 20, 2009, 06:17 PM

Did you put the shear keys back on the axels there square shape a couple inches long

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere 160 Lawn tractor won't engage starter [ 4 Answers ]

I have a JD160 lawn tractor when I turn the key nothing happens. It has a Kawasaki FB460V engine. I tried to follow the wires. If I jumper the relay before the starter with the key in the on position the engine will start. Not sure what the problem is I am thinking it may be the key switch?? Can...

'95 Chevy Silverado won't engage gears (automatic) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Recently bought a 1995 Chevy Silverado 4x4 (5.7L) z71. Well, yesterday when I was on my way to work, it started fine, but when I got about a block from work, it seemed like the tranny got slow... so naturally I reduced speed to about 10 mph and parked at work. That evening when I left...

Furnace 'fires' Blower won't engage. [ 5 Answers ]

This problem just started. Hile furnace w/ST9120B fan board will start up normally but blower no longer engages. Limit switch then of course shuts it down after a period. Previous posts do not really address a solution or diagnostic check to this issue. I do understand electrical/electronic...

Riding mower transmission won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Scott's by John Deere 1742 riding mower. The transmission is not engaging. I have checked the drive belt and it seems to be in OK shape. I noticed a plug loose that appears to attach to a device on top of what I believe to be the gear box. Could this part be bad and causing the mower not...

Blades won't engage in high gear. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Troybilt tractor, 23hp with a 50" cut. It runs great and blades engage and cut in low gear. However when in high gear the blades disengage. Anybody got any idea on what could be the problem? Email me please @ [email protected]. Thanks

View more questions Search