Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toiletbowl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Toilet bowl crack repair
    How do I epoxy a crack leak in a toilet bowl?
    Libran Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2009, 09:43 AM

To fix it take a little sand paper to and around the crack before applying. You could actually go to hardware store and get some clear waterproof epoxy to use.

Best advise I could give you is to change the toilet. There is no real fix to cracks in toilets. Even if you put epoxy on it, it will eventually peel off in no time.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 20, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Best advise I could give you is to change the toilet
    And that's the same advice I would give. As I told a asker with the same problem' "China's very brittle and little cracks can grow into big cracks."
    My advice? Replace the bowl. Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 20, 2009, 11:15 AM

Agree with Libran and Tom 100%: cracked china means broken toilet. It may disintegrate under you at any moment. For your safety: don't repair. Replace it.
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

May 20, 2009, 11:20 AM

If you don't have money or time to replace it ASAP, use mighty bond. Make sure the surface is dry first and just put a very thin or tiny drop.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 20, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Bottom line! You repair cracked china at your own risk! Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 20, 2009, 05:38 PM

Save the price of that glue, it won't work. Did you ever try to glue a broken plate, how that work for you?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 20, 2009, 05:41 PM

Ballenberg1::D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian countertop crack repair [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, Would anyone know where I can get a Corian repair kit and instructions on how to repair the crack in my counter? I would like to repair it myself. Thank you.

How to repair crack in furnace body [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old water boiler furnace. There's a crack in the outer metal of it. You can see the flames by the crack and the metal becomes orange when it's hot. I asked advice to a technician on how to fix this and he said that usually they put a fire proof panel over the crack from the inside...

Why is refill into toilet bowl from bowl rim holes so sloppy? [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I have removed the old ball float from my toilet system and installed a fluidmaster and since I've done that the water coming out of the holes underneath the rim of the bowl literally plopps out of the holes in a straight line and splashes up on the toilet seat and... well if your sitting...

Shifting ceiling crack repair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I best repair a crack in our plaster ceiling that changes slightly as the house shifts with the seasons? The house is 50 years old and the basement wall beneath this room has a crack following the cement block outline that widens and narrows with the seasons (at its widest I can put the tip...

Toilet bowl inside small hole/crack repair? [ 2 Answers ]

Something must have fallen into the toilet bowl - there is a very small crack/hole that doesn't seem to be letting water out as the water level stays the same - but - I really want to put something over it to seal it. Is there an epoxy or sealant I can use to seal this - I rent the apartment and...

View more questions Search