Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitey13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
    County 2 county probation transfer
    I am on felony probation for domestic violence for 2 more years. Me and my girlfriend have a court ordered restraining order until Aug. 09. Her kids are moving to Lake Tahoe CA. with their father around that time. She doesn't want to be that far from her kids so we want to move to Tahoe also, we currently live in San Bernadino county. Is it possible to have my probation transferred? And what county is Tahoe on the California side?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2009, 04:31 PM

Let me see, no you can't move with her, since you have a restraining order, if you even get around her and get found out, they put you back in prison.

And if you have a restraining order and guilty of domestic violence, I would hope she is not still a girl friend,

So she moves and if and when you can start seeing her again ( allowed by PO and by lifting of the restraining order you can then move also.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 09:48 AM

Hello w:

You can certainly move in August, and an in state transfer is really easy. Ask your PO what the procedures are... Or better yet, just ask her for the policy and procedures manual. It'll tell you the truth...

Do I think the PO will lie?? Nahhh, they don't do that, do they?

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 24, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey13 View Post
    And what county is Tahoe on the California side?
    El Dorado, I believe.
    RAYMONDKR88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Luly 31, 2012 I was arrested for possession of a controlled sustance. The equivalent of .038. I went to court in fresno where I was convicted of a felony and placed on PC 1000. I live in sacramento county and want to have my case transferred. Is this possible without having to go back to court in fresno?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Termination In Nassau County, NY [ 3 Answers ]

I was sentenced with 3 years probation for a DUI. It has been 18 months from the Date of sentencing. This is my first and only offense. How do I go about getting my probation terminated?

County to county probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and her children live in another county. I am on felony probation in the state of Florida with a "drug package". I work from home in a rural area as a freelance graphic designer and web developer and there isn't really a lot of work in this area for that. Currently I rely on contacts...

Transfer Probation from one County To another IN Florida [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just went to court today got 120 days in jail and 8 months probation when he gets out. Its for first degree misdemeanor charges. He want to move in with me when he gets out and move out of the county he was living in. To the county where I live in. Its in the state of Florida. He won't...

Probation troubles from state to state and county to county [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was on probation in IL, he is a truck driver doing local runs in KY and sometimes needing to run from MO to KY. Due to him working so much in KY we decided to move here. Well his probation officer told him to find a place to live. We had both lived in KY before and we didn't like the...

Got OWI in a different County and on probation! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 20 yrs old and last weekend I got an operating while intoxicated ticket and I am on probation. I want to tell my probation officer but she hates me. The county I got the owi in is 60 miles away from where I am on probation in. I think I should tell her because I have a daughter and work full...

View more questions Search