Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    polish joe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 11:00 AM
    MTD riding mower will not start
    My 16 HP MTD Riding Mower will not start, I put a new solonoid and my question is Do I have the solonoid wired correctly ?
    chob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 02:00 PM

Hi Pj, I'm having the same sort of trouble, as I replaced the solenoid and it's ticking just like before the solenoid was replaced. I'm curious when you turn the key to on if the lights in the ignition area (there is a red light on mine) lit only once, even though I turned the key from off to on numerous times. I had the same sort of problem in a prelude and replaced the starter and solenoid a bunch of times. Turned out to be the ignition switch.
    I would like to know if like how to test the ignition switch and how to tell if it's not a safety swtich? Also, is the red light on a 2005 yardman ignition supposed to come on each time the key is turned from off to on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding Mower Won't Start! [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have a Craftsman 42" riding mower with 17 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. It won't start. When I turn the ignition it makes a clicking sound, but it will not crank. The battery tested out fine, fully charged. New spark plug. I replaced the ignition switch and solenoid. It...

John Deer Riding Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deer Riding Lawn Mower LX 173. It won't start. It ran fine last fall and I have a new battery on it. It will start with the help of starting fluid and run for just a second and then shut off. I found a hose disconnected on it but I'm not sure where it goes. It was laying...

Riding mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My John Deere riding mower won't start. I replaced the battery and it started. I turned off the tractor and tried to start again and it failed. How can one tell if the problem is the starter or the solenoid? :)

My riding mower will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have basically given it a tune up... I have change the gas filter, changed the spark plug and the air filter doesn't appear to need to be changed. The battery turns over real good but it will not start, it appears to not be getting gas. Also I checked the fuse and it appears to be okay also. ...

Riding mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I started the mower, MTD Yardman 17.5 hp B&S, cut the lawn and put it away. I tried to start it a couple days later and it wouldn't start. I did not even get a "click" from the starter solenoid. I was able to jump start it with a portable jump pack. After turning it off it would not start. I...

View more questions Search