Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelleyw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 07:16 PM
    Troy bilt riding mower
    How do I get off a troy bilt riding mower's oil filter?
    Another Way Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 07:53 PM

I replaced the fuel line on my 26 hp Troy Bilt and the first time I cut grass it ran like it was getting too much fuel. When it stopped and I started to restart gas ran out the muffler. What could be the problem?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 08:01 PM

Anotherway, please click on ASK and post your question separately, don't jump onto other posts, it just confues us old guys. Shelley, which engine do you have, brand of the mower doesn't tell us much.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 05:32 AM

Hi,
    Answers to both.
    An oil filter wrench is the appropriate tool. If it a V-twin, they offer little access and I have seen one the factory over tightened and it had to be destroyed to remove. Once off follow factory instructions, which are; lube the gasket (rubber ring) with oil and thread on. Once lightly seated, hand tighten 1/4 turn. Engine heat will force gasket to seal even more, so watching the filter during the initial run-in after changing oil and filter for leaks is sufficient. You only have to check oil before each starting until you change it again.
    I agree with the "do not mix posts" above. However, you damaged the fuel line between the filter and carb when replacing it and a piece of the inside of the line has travelled into the carb and stuck between the inlet needle and its seat. Time to clean the carb and replace that piece of fuel line.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Another Way Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 09:52 AM
    My mower is a Troy Bilt 54" cut, today it ran with no problem for over an hour. I had sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb yesterday, maybe that helped. Thanks for your response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy-bilt riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a troy bilt riding mower and when I'm going along cutting grass the mower just stall out. When I try to start it, it turns over but won't start, when I turn the key again it just clicks, I turn the key again and again it just clicks, finally I turn the key again and it starts, runs for...

Troy bilt riding mower won't cut [ 2 Answers ]

I have a troy bilt riding lawn mower and The blades won't spin not sure what is wrong

Troy-Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

How do I route the drive belt for a Troy-Bilt riding mower? ModelD609G, 17.5 HP

Troy Bilt Riding Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Our mower won't start. It acts like the battery but it is good. If my husband turns the belt just a little then it will start otherwise it just clicks. Does anyone know what is wrong with it. We bought it used and the lady we bought it from said it was the battery low and it is only a year old.

View more questions Search