Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

May 16, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Why does it look like I'm showing already?
    Hi, I have 3 children. My oldest will be 10 next month my daughter will be 8 in 2months and I have a 18 month old. I never completely got rid of my tummy. Today I'm 5wks and 4 days. I look pregnant. Why does my tummy look bigger now that I'm pregnant? Before I was pregnant I could hide my stomach pretty well. Now I can't

Thank you!
    evanmonaco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 06:12 PM

With all these things we must go to the doc first.
    Good luck

E
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 06:24 PM

Hey hon.

It is possible to gain a little weight in so short amount of time because you are pregnant. And unfortunately for us, our stomachs pile on the weight before anything else.

I wouldn't worrie about it hon :) congrats on your bundle of joy to come :D
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 05:24 AM

It is very common to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies... especially since you still had some tummy after the last one. Stomach muscles are not as strong as they once were.

I showed very early with my fourth and seemed to get bigger faster, to where we started to wonder about the possibility of twins... :)

May 17, 2009, 07:17 PM
    Thank you all for your response. I don't mind by stomach looking big already. I'm guess I'm not ready for "your showing already?" Then I feel I have to tell them I never lost my stomach I just hide it well. It's funny and I know this may sound crazy but I would think if I was just pregnant I wouldn't have to hide my stomach. :) I have always been small and people are always telling me I look great to have had 3 kids and I'm skinny. I would think if you only could see my stomach. After this birth I will work hard on getting rid of it. As you can tell I'm self conscience about my stomach.:o
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 07:23 PM

No Need to be self conscience.

Are you going to have more children after this?

Do your best after recovery of having your child. Then you can work on toning your stomach again.

Joe

May 17, 2009, 07:56 PM
    No, this will be our last. My 3rd was a surprise gift so we decided to have one more so that she can have a play mate closer to her age. My older 2 get along great and they love their little sister but they are getting older and will not want to always be bothered with her.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 02:32 AM

If you get a comment, respond with, "I know, isn't that amazing!!", smile, then leave it at that... :)
    The stomach is a problem area for most women after they have had several children... as you said, you'll be able to work on it afterwards. Good excuse to take the kids out for walks or bike rides... :)
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

May 18, 2009, 05:37 AM

In my sister's case with each of her children she showed sooner and sooner it is because of the uterus has been used so much, and also those stomach muscles are worn out from all the pregnancies... just think you will have your baby in no time it went by fast for me and take care of your baby fat later good luck and congrats

May 18, 2009, 07:08 AM

Thank you! DoulaLC I never thought about saying that. I will do that. Thank you for the great advise. I start my walk today with a friend. I want to ride my bike but my husband really doesn't want me to. I know my kids would love it. Unfourtanly I will have my baby Dec 28th so it will be to cold to go our walking and riding. Which I won't be able to do for a while anyway since I'm having a c-section.
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 08:28 AM

There are plenty of exercise dvds for getting back into shape during postpartum... some even have you incorporate the new baby in them. There are classes you can look into as well that might give you a chance to get out just with new baby, such as yoga and baby classes, or even by yourself perhaps. When you get the go ahead from your doctor, maybe try some out to use during the winter until you can enjoy springtime again... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I am not showing yet? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 weeks pregnant and not showing at all!I feel like I'm never going to pop out? Is this normal and when am I supposed to get my little baby bump? I'm worried that I'm not even showing a little bit. When should I be getting a little bigger?

Showing already? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first, my regular clothes did not become tight until I was like 5 months pregnant, and I did not show until 6 months. This time I find that my clothes are already getting tighter, I have not gained any weight. I know they say you show sooner with...

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

Showing apt. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 3 family owner occupied house in Hoboken, Hudson County NJ. Our lease states that we can show the apt. on "reasonable notice" . We are evicting the tenants for various reasons. Below is a letter they sent in response to my showing the apt. Note that this woman has not been staying in the...

DVD/rw' not showing [ 2 Answers ]

Two DVD rw's One of them not showing (Win XP Pro)

View more questions Search