Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shriyashekhar7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Frictional force and relative motion
    What is the relation between friction and relative motion?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 10:26 AM

Friction generally decreases the motion of bodies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pushing/frictional/gravitational force [ 3 Answers ]

A person pushes a 19.8-kg shopping cart at a constant velocity for a distance of 34.2 m on a flat horizontal surface. She pushes in a direction 24.4 degrees below the horizontal. A 50.4-N frictional force opposes the motion of the cart. (A) : What is the magnitude of the force that the shopper...

Grade 11 Force and motion [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my questions are these... help :) 1) Two boxes are placed are placed side by side on a frictionless surface so that they touch each other. Box A has a mass of 4 kg. Box B has a mass of 12 kg. A constant force of 24 N is applied to box A. What force does box A exert on box B? a) 1.5N ...

Relative motion [ 1 Answers ]

A swimmer wishes to cross a 500m wide riverflowing at 5Km/h.. His speeed with respect to water is 3km/h.The man wishes to reach directly opposite to his starting point but he reach some wherere else on the opposite shore and he has to walk to that point.. Find the minimum distance that he has to...

Finding mass in Frictional force problems [ 3 Answers ]

I need to understand how to find the mass when I am working on a frictional force problem. I am given the mass of a previous trial and I know gravity and the static or kinetic friction but I am trying to find the mass of the object in trial two... how would I go about doing this? :confused:

Kinetic frictional force [ 1 Answers ]

A 7.74-kg box is sliding across the horizontal floor of an elevator. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the box and the floor is 0.392. Determine the kinetic frictional force that acts on the box when the elevator is: (A) : Stationary, (B) : Accelerating upward with an acceleration...

View more questions Search