Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldub1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Wallpaper removal and wall prep estimate
    My finace is starting his own painting business and we are trying to figure out how much to charge for wallpaper removal and wall prep. Can you assist?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 16, 2009, 03:24 PM

Hi, ldub1968!

I would suggest figuring out how much you might want to make per hour and figuring your estimates according to that.

Depending on where you're located, the price range for that type of work might be in the $20.00 to $30.00 per hour range.

Thanks!
    LucyBennett Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2009, 01:25 PM

I would follow Clough's advice, but I would do two more things.

Talk to prospective customers to see what they would pay.

Check prices of your competition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wallpaper removal [ 1 Answers ]

I am a contractor and am bidding on a 19 story interior condo which I will be painting all interior hallways first having to remove about 48,000 sq.ft of stipable wallpaper.My question is a square footage price for the removal?

Wallpaper removal from plaster wall [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I mastered the art of wallpaper removal from my bedroom walls and actually enjoyed the process. I have now developed a tried and true system and if anyone wants to know PM me and I will explain. Now, the toughy. I have to remove wallpaper from my frontroom walls and the wallpaper is on...

Wallpaper removal [ 2 Answers ]

We are having trouble removing one layer of wallpaper from our bathroom. We bought a steamer, but even that won't budge the glue off the dry wall. Any secrets

What is a reasonable price to charge for wallpaper removal in a kitchen? The wallpaper is on the ceiling also. Location is in Queens, new York

I am removing old wallpaper in my kitchen. I have peeled a layer of wallpaper off & it came of easily, but I can see a faint floral pattern & am thinking this is another layer of wallpaper. When I try to remove this, I am seeing a green wall, but some of the sheet rock is peeling off too. How do I...

View more questions Search