Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tajmahal Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Potty training
    Hi everyone,
    I need some help regarding the potty training of my german shepherd 9 weeks old. As long as he is in his crate he behaves but last night I let him loose in the house for the first time and he did both pee and poo. Kindly help me how to train him outside the crate so that I can keep him inside the home.
    Thanks and regards.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 03:40 AM

Does he have access to outside at all or do you want to train him to go to a specific spot inside?

For inside training buy some puppy training pads or use newspaper in a corner of a room where you want him to go.

Every time you see him go potty on the floor quickly race over and pick him up and put him on the puppy pads.

Eventually (if you are vigilant) he will learn that he has to wee and poop on the pads.

If he goes on the pads on his own give him lots of praise and attention so he knows he has done the right thing.

If you are training him to go outside on the grass just follow the same basic steps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potty Training [ 6 Answers ]

My son is going to be 3 in April I would love to get him fully potty trained by may... I started once before a couple months ago, but he was not into it... now I decided to make it a new start for 2009 and he is doing pretty good.. Do pull ups really work? They are expensive.. I would love all the...

Potty Training? [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a 6 week olg Pit Bull. Can anyone help with some tips on Potty Training I'm.

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 3 and I can't seem to get her to go to the restroom she understands what you do in the restroom and all of that but we can't get her to tell us so that she can sit in her potty chair what can I do to get her ready so that she can go to school :confused: :confused: :confused:

Potty training my lab [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my lab to stop peeing in the house. Sometimes she will go outside and other times she will pee in the house when my back is turned but I catch her in the act what do I do?

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how I can start potty training my 20 month old daughter I Need help with it she will sit down with a diaper on and say potty but then I will take off her diaper and she won't go its getting frustrated what can I do

View more questions Search