Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raybirdiii Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Sabre riding mower - grinding noise
    I have a John Deere Sabre 38" cut 14.5 hp motor riding mower. It makes a grinding noise when you put it in gear, either forward or reverse. It will move slowly and is kind of a loud grinding noise. I noticed someone else has the same problem earlier in these questions. No one has answered him. Hope someone can help. It is a great mower other then that. Thanks, Ray
    lightbulbs1 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 07:23 AM
    It could be that some of the teeth on the gears are broken.
    graffixx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by raybirdiii View Post
    I have a John Deere Sabre 38" cut 14.5 hp motor riding mower. It makes a grinding noise when you put it in gear, either forward or reverse. It will move slowly and is kinda of a loud grinding noise. I noticed someone else has the same problem earlier in these questions. No one has answered him. Hope someone can help. It is a great mower other then that. Thanks, Ray

The drive belt goes from engine to the rear diff in top of the rear diff is a pully with a fan blade if you look at the fan blade you will see were the belt is rubbing on the blade... the splines on the pully are worn out and you need a new pully to get to this you need to pull the deck remove the drive belt and then lower the differential there is a small snap ring that holds the pully on
    raybirdiii Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by graffixx View Post
    the drive belt goes from engine to the rear diff in top of the rear diff is a pully with a fan blade if you look at the fan blade you will see were the belt is rubbing on the blade ...the splines on the pully are worn out and you need a new pully to get to this you need to pull the deck remove the drive belt and then lower the differential there is a small snap ring that holds the pully on
    Thanks for the info! Ray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sabre Riding Mower oil capacity [ 1 Answers ]

After changing the oil filter on my Sabre Model 1742 how much oil should I put in?

Sabre Riding Mower 17.5 HP, 42" [ 1 Answers ]

The belt came off and after reinstalling, the blades begin slow then come to speed. When attempting to mow, the blades stop. I hope just the belt needs to be replaced. Is there any internal problems with engine drive that this could be or just a belt issue?

John Deere Sabre riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get the back wheel off my JD Sabre mower. It looks like there is a shear pin that is holding it on after I get the big snap ring off. How do I get the pin out?

View more questions Search