Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adamtgt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Kawasaki 1500 Classic Trouble Starting
    I am the new owner of a used 2001 Kwasaki Classic, it is not fuel injected and when I start it in the morning it takes 3 or 4 tries for the engine to turn-over. I have talked to other kawsaki owners and they pretty much have told me "that's how it is" Does anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions?

Thanks
    Adam
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 07:46 AM

I would start with a good Tune Up, May solve problem, if it doesn't, you have eliminated those possibilities.
    darthsinister Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 01:25 PM

It may just be because the engine is cold that it takes longer to start in the morning. Does it have this problem when it's been run for a while and then cools down?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 17, 2009, 04:41 PM

Do you use the choke momentarily?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 06:50 AM

I have 1100LTD.

I crank throttle twice( 1/4 turn),pull out choke. Leave it out until RPM's start to increase rapidly. Push choke in 1/2 way until RPM's start to increase again.

Push in choke all the way. Ready to ride.
    Total time about minute and1/2

Enjoy

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting kawasaki kz650 [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a 1977 kawasaki kz650. It ran fine when I got it home, and then I cleaned and sprayed some of the bike with a pressure washer. After that it started hard and now it doesn't start at all. I drained the gas and put new in, charged the battery, and cleaned the plugs. I don't why it won't...

2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500 Motorcycle Problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself. I have a mechanical motorcycle question for you. I own a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500 (carbed) with 6,000 miles (approx 10,000 kilometers). I purchased the bike this past December, and only started riding it a few weeks ago (yah Spring...

View more questions Search