Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uncommonuse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Oklahoma Child Custody
    I live in Oklahoma and could possibly be getting a divorce from my wife. We have three children together, and she does not work or take very good care of the children. She is not abusive, just lazy. What chances do I have of getting custody of the children? I am a doctor and I have the support of my sister and brother. THeir children are all grown up and they would help me take care of the children. Hopefully, divorce will be dissipate from my vocabulary.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 04:22 PM

How good is your lawyer? All things being equal, you have a 50% chance of gaining custody. The better your lawyer, the more it increases in your favor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2009, 06:04 PM

Custody, joint custody or visits, it is often a coin toss.

But if she gets custody, by the time she gets child support and alimony she won't have that much income issues

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can father of my unborn child receive custody or visitation rights after child is bor [ 5 Answers ]

I am pregnant and the babies father is going after custody or visitation when the child is born. He is very abusive and does have a violent record from the past. He is been making many threats towards me and my unborn child. He has even stated that once he has the child in his hands he stated that...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

Kids going into Oklahoma state custody [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago my sister got turned into Oklahoma dhs for suspecion of marijuana use. The caseworker gave her paperwork to go take a drug test. I have worked for dhs and an orginzation funded by the state for a little over 3 years now. Will they take my sisters toddler into custody if the test...

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Grandchildren in DHS Custody in Oklahoma [ 3 Answers ]

My grandchildren are currently in the custody of Oklahoma DHS because of alleged child abuse. They have been there since December 18th. My heart is aching for these kids as they have been stripped from our lives. Their presents still remain under the Christmas tree waiting for them. I filed for...

View more questions Search