Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uncommonuse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Forged Signature
    Hello,

I have a friend that is married to a woman from Asia. Recently he found out that she has filed for 10 of her family members to be sponsored over by him. She has been working on this for the past 3 years. THe only way she could have done this is by foraging his signature. The only reason he found out, was when he received an approval letter from INS. He has decided to discontinue this process by writing a letter stating the reasons to stop. He was told that he may have to hire an attorney if the letter is denied. He does NOT want to sponsor this family over. Can his wife get into any legal trouble for foraging his signature?

Thank you.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

May 12, 2009, 06:15 PM

Yes, there are civil and criminal penalties. Also if she is still a permanent resident, she will have a problem at naturalization when she has to answer about never making a misrepresentation to USCIS to get an immigration benefit.

Difficult for most petitioners to qualify to bring over 10 beneficiaries, the USCIS has an income requirement of 125% of the HHS poverty guidelines for that family size, so unless he is making very good money the cases will be denied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forged signature on a quit claim deed how do I combat this [ 4 Answers ]

Forged signature on a quit claim deed

Someone forged my signature to obtain my medical records. [ 1 Answers ]

Some one forged my signature to obtain my medical records and are using the information for personal gain and deformation of my character. This person is also going to school to become a medical billing agent. Who do I contact to pursue legal action against this person and be assured that they do...

Ex husband forged signature [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I discovered that My ex husband about 5 years ago obtained papers from the bank to cash in a $5000 RRSP in my name. The loan officer gave him the papers to fill out, sign and return assuming they were for me. My signature was forged.. The money was released to him. Is there anyway to...

Forged signature on closing documents [ 3 Answers ]

My step daughter while in Iraq purchased a property in Calif. She is now out of the military and realizes she can not afford the payments. She purchased the property using the listing agent as her agent also. She used a Loan Broker for the loan. My wife, her mother, had power of Attorney and...

View more questions Search