Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 11, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Not really... A shower is not as restrictive as a bath tub, especially if its outside with a hose ;)
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:17 AM

K, how are the toms doing.. and the rooted snipping.. that's the one you potted in the picture right? How's she growing... any more growth on the baby you pruned... what about adding a fertilizer * I realize it is too late now but maybe another year*

There is a chemical that my boyfriends work uses for fertilizing their flowers, one for budding and one for growth.. they are an extreme chemical and can kill a plant when used wrong but I'll tell you it does amazing things... (thinking on the flower end not the tom end... I believe you said you got some new plants) its japanese in origin... will look into it might be useful to you or JD
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:12 AM
    I'd probably kill something with it.:eek:
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:20 PM

Hope the toms and all are doing well.. just wanted to see if any more were edible yet... Might not be around much for the next little while my best friends 16 year old son is in the hospital having brain surgery and they are removing blood from around his brain and he broke vertabre in his back/or / neck... He fell off his bike in the mountains about an hours bike ride from his home. This happened the beginning of this week and we just found out today
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 12:29 AM
    I'm so sorry, that is just awful, I hope everything is going to be OK. My prayers are with you, hopefully they will do some good.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 11:14 AM

Thanks JD sweetie
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Name:  salsa 002.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  83.4 KB
    I don't believe there needs to be an explanation for this pic.

Name:  salsa 003.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  93.6 KB
    This was on my mini vaca 'Davenport races' in Silverton Oregon. Curtesy of Homer Davenport a political cartoonist from the 1800's

Name:  salsa 004.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  111.4 KB
    That first one looked more like a futon, but it still had a teering wheel.

Name:  salsa 005.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  132.0 KB
    Can't go anywhere unless there is a dog to love while I'm there.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 05:21 AM

Boy 'o Boy don't them bottles look YUMMY hehe :D they the ones you grew?
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Yes, home grown and still have a lot more.:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 03:50 PM

How many do you think you got out of the plants you grew approximately.. that one big huge one looks good lol... Better question would be how many do you think you averaged per plant?
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 07:18 PM
    I'll have to think about that and calculate.
    Is KUXJ on vacation? I read a couple pages back and didn't see anything. I hope he's OK.:confused:
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 05:03 AM

Sounds good will be waiting for your calculations.. No I've noticed he hasn't been around and I was going to ask how his rooted tom plant was doing.. hmm...
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Something weird is going on, RIGHT now I show only posting on page 17, and it is listed as last page.

I can't PM KUXJ, but I was able to PM others.

KUXJ became a "gardening expert" and I didn't see it mentioned by anyone.

First Congrats to KUXJ! :D and I hope you come back, now that your BIG time! And second you need to change your profile, so you can get PM's.:)

EDIT: Oh never mind about the post thing... I realized that I changed my post per page thingy. Silly me!:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Steve, if you are reading, Thanks for being my friend, it was too short lived.:(:(:(:(:(

Aug 24, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Steve, if you are reading, Thanks for being my friend, it was too short lived.:(:(:(:(:(
    Your Welcome, Who said anything 'bout dying? Just a rough patch for me is all... eddie warned me, but I wouldn't listen....
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 08:43 AM

Welcome back... :D?.

Now I can ask lol... did you figure out approx how many toms you got per plant.. either of you?
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Well, I have 10 or so plants..
    .The Big Boy in the far back has given me 2 rather large, close to the size
    Of a grapefruit, that's it so far (but they were pretty)
    .My SFF UDT has about 6 on it and I think I have got about 4 previously
    .The other SFF has about 12 on it right now getting ready for picking in
    The next couple days and have got about 20 perfect tennis ball size
    Earlier.
    .My Mama Mia has given me at least 30 so far size of a oval golf ball, but that's the one with the disease, so I have been chopping off the
    Ends and using the rest for salads.
    .My other Mama Mia has normal size Romas 4" long, width of a golf
    Ball and I have got at least 30 so far
    .Early Girl gave me about 4, then shiveled up, there is still about 5 on her
    Waiting.
    .Other Early Girl is still producing and have got about 20 so far
    .My 2 Beef Master (I think that's what they were) haven't done much, but
    Maybe they don't want to show off until it cools off a little
    .My Celebrity, that I had in a pot and then transferred into the ground has
    4 on it and looks like it needs water, but doesn't.

I think I might have forgot a couple, but I'm at work and I'm trying to picture them in my pea brain.

They should keep producing for a couple months still:eek:

I heard Eddies plane last night, so I thought and hoped Steve was back from vacation.

AND HE IS!!

:DWELCOME BACK!:D

Aug 24, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Hmmm... I see our Forestry major isn't going to let us off the hook easily :rolleyes:

I'd have to dig it up, but I believe I mentioned 20-25 in an earlier post. At last count 45" ago it was up to 43, but BB's viability is starting to suffer, Anak is growing and has one fruit that is getting larger.

K
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:26 AM

Me? Let anyone off the hook... naw... NEVER :D

JD. Wow the size of grapefruit huh.. that's awesome. I've never seen a tom that big... got any pics of it lol? Or did you go and eat them. Seems like you've gotten a good yield out of them... wow at work and you remembered all that. Doing better than I would :D...

K... aww no fun that bb's viability is starting to suffer but its good to hear anak is growing :D. how tall is anak up to now height wise?

Aug 25, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Oh... 'bout up to 'ere -----> -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Growing Tomatoes [ 11 Answers ]

Last summer, my fiancé and I tried to grow some tomatoes and peppers. We were not very successful. Our tomatoes were so tiny. And hardly any peppers bloomed. Are we watering too much? Could it be the type of soil. Last year we had them in containers, this year we are hoping to grow them in...

Tomatoes are dying [ 6 Answers ]

My tomatoes plants are turning yellow starting from the ground and moving up. The leaves are yellow and curling. What is causing this and can they be saved. I water then at all different times but never after 6 p.m. I usually shower the entire plant. Also, one plant out of six is really bad...

Something eating my tomatoes [ 1 Answers ]

Something just started eating our tomatoes. We had several about to ripen, went out to pick today and most of them had been bitten into. I looked around and something had taken a bite out of half my maters.(Grrrrrrrrrr) Its not insects. There are areas where you can see teeth marks. I'm thinking,...

Cheap Tomatoes? What does this mean to you! [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure what my position is on this yet. But, I thought I would post it to spark a discussion and maybe help me formulate my opinion >From a California school teacher - - - "As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you...

View more questions Search