Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MtBJOKER27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2009, 10:24 PM
    So she what's a break and I don't know why
    So me and my girlfriend have been dating 7 months, the best 7 months of my life so far, but she's about to turn 18 on the 25 and she said she wants to break up with me until I turn 18 on sept 27 4 months later. It bothers me because I've never had a relationship like this and I feel like if I go threw with this nothing will be the same, I mean things change in 4 months, please someone tell me what you think of this??
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

May 11, 2009, 10:30 PM

Hmmm... feels like she wants a break so she can go out and experience life as an 18 year old... without having to worry about her boyfriend.

That's not really a good thing, since she wants to be free and go wild, which means things could happen, but you can't hold on to her. You need to let her go do what she wants to do, and if she comes back to you when she said she would, then take it from there.

During that time, take the advice in the forum in all the stickies about how you should do what you want, concentrate on yourself and not think about her and what she is doing when you guys are on a break
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 10:08 AM

Yeah, she is blowing smoke in your ear by telling you the two of you can get back together once you turn 18 in 4 months. The two of you been together all this time so what is the big deal.

I want you to know that these kinds of promises don't fly and most breaks are permanent.

Sorry this happen but relationships are a gamble and sometimes things don't work out as you plan it to.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 12, 2009, 11:50 AM

If space is what she wants, then space is what you need to give her. But I think the "turning 18" is just an excuse. Sounds like her feelings have changed for you.

I'm not sure if you are in no contact, but maybe you want to try to ask her what the real reason is for the break. Communication is the key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break/break-up : Not sure how things are left [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing a girl for a few months, unfortunately a lot of it is long distance (as I am at Uni away from home). It seemed to go really well, could talk for hours about anything, she told me that every minute with her was perfect, I was all she wanted, and she loved me so much... etc etc. I...

What's a good way to break up with my girlfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

OK so I recently started dating this girl. Actually about 5 days ago we started going out. I liked her and I still do, but I don't know, I just don't see us going anywhere, and plus when we kiss, I don't feel anything... its just like kissing some random girl. I'm thinking about breaking up with...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

Getting a divore what's mine and what's not? [ 3 Answers ]

Been married for five yrs two kids one is 4yrs and the other is 1 ,got a house 1 week before we got married and I never got my name on put on the deed.but have been helping with the mortgage the whole time,she makes a lot more money than I do and I also caught her in an affair with her ex...

View more questions Search