Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WhitneyRobinson Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Pressure Correspondence
    Which pressure does not correspond to 1.25 atm? ( 1 in. = 2.54 cm)?

a. 950 torr b. 950 cm Hg
    c. 37.4 in. Hg d. all of the above.
    e. none of the above

This is from a test I took. I am trying to learn WHY I got things WRONG
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Which pressure does not correspond to 1.25 atm? ( 1 in. = 2.54 cm)?

a. 950 torr b. 950 cm Hg
    c. 37.4 in. Hg d. all of the above.
    e. none of the above

Note first how I handled the units. I specifically wrote 1.25 atm as a fraction so you can see how "atm" cancels and you're left with "mm Hg"

Note that 1 torr = 1 mm Hg so this is also equal to 950 Torr.

So, "a" is out. "b" is the same as "a", so that's out, too. Let's now convert it to inches of Hg. There are 25.4 mm per inch (that's a good number to remember). Therefore,

That means "c" is out. "a", "b", and "c" are all the same as 1.25 atm so I guess the answer must be "d" - "none of the above does not correspond to 1.25 atm."

If this is the answer you gave your teacher, you send him/her to me and I'll fight it out with him/her. :mad: If it's not, well, I guess you got it wrong. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Deep well, pressure tank/switch not building pressure [ 13 Answers ]

The only way I have water pressure is to leave the power on! I have replaced the 5 gallon pressure tank (28psi when void of water)/fittings/pressure gauge and tried 3 new 30/50 pressure switches and the problem remains the same. With the power off, the pressure drops to 0 (not 30). When I...

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

High pressure at sink, low pressure at shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sink in the bathroom has good solid water pressure. Next in the circuit is the toilet, which also has good pressure at the angle valve. The shower, however has terrible pressure. I have removed the head, and the pressure out of the shower neck is no better. Shower neck exits the...

View more questions Search