Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jono249 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 10:25 AM
    I want to see my daughter with out the mother.
    Ive recently split up from my wife due to an affair that she had however at the time I found out she was carrying my child. We have now been separated for the last 9 months and she has gave birth to my daughter which I'm so longing to see and be part of her life.
    As I'm in the army and posted in a different country it makes it so hard to see my daughter which I've only seen one hour of so far and she's 3 weeks old now.The problem is that me and the mother have had a bitter split and she has over the last few months tried to get at me in evey way possible even through family and the army making my life misery which is why I don't even want to talk to her or see her as she always takes the takes to get to me. I know that I have to keep some contact and also see her for my daughters sake but my wife will only let me see my daughter under her rules as in I can see her at the mothers house with her hanging over me and I just can't let that happen as I know that she will try to control my life even more than she does already (well trys) there is no medical reason why I can't see my daughter at my moms just me and my daughter and have no more envolvment with the mother than hi what time you picking her up and when she needs to be fed. I know that she is holding my daughter in this way because she has a mind set of if I can't have him no one will and he can't have a life if he doesn't come back. Am I being unreasonable or am I being right as I don't want to subject me or my daughter to petty arguments that me and the mother have will have and always had as I don't want this to ever have an effect on her as this is what me and my brother had when my parents split plus I know that she would only get worse if I back down she takes more and more all the time. All I want is to see my girl with her dad in his environment and with out the mother. Any surgestions would be gratefully excepted thank you for your time.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 11, 2009, 10:33 AM

You need to:

1. get a lawyer
    2. Go to court and get a custody order, visitation order, and child support amounts set up.
    3. FIGHT for the opportunities to spend time with your child. You may not get the child overnights at first, but there should be no reason why you can't get visitation without the mother for at least a couple hours at a time.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 11, 2009, 11:35 AM

While the child is still breastfeeding, it will be difficult to see the child without having the mother nearby. But once the child is weaned from the breast there should be no impediment to being able to take her for a few hours. As she gets older the visitation can be extended.

But you need to get visitation established by a court and then make sure the court enforces the visitation order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter and mother [ 5 Answers ]

I really need to know where I can turn for help. My daughter has a bad drug problem, no insurance, no money, no job, no thing... She even say that she does not have a problem.. If I do not get her help soon I feel she is going to harm herself and god only knows who else... she has had a wreck...

Not able to locate my daughter or her mother [ 1 Answers ]

I pay my child support on time every month, but I have not seen my daughter in more than 9 months, which is half of her life. I have not been able to locate the mother. When my daughter was born, I filed paperwork through the courts, because I knew the mother would not allow me to see my daughter....

Mother,daughter fights [ 1 Answers ]

My mom and I have been fighting ever since my parents got divorced... about 9 years ago... but lately it has just been getting worse and worse. I don't even know what is making me unhappy with my life but it is interferring with everything. MY friends are even starting to notice and I can't tell...

Mother daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I feel like my mother hates me, even though when I say this she denies it, yet she never says I love you either. She is constantly criticizing me and giving unasked for advice about things that are not her business. She accuses me of being arrogant and haughty and a lot of other not nice things,...

Mother-daughter [ 11 Answers ]

For the last 8 years I have cared for a mom with Alzheimer's disease, and a 38 year-old daughter with breast cancer. Both have died. My oldest daughter was not there to help with the care of mom and her sister; claims no one in the family was there for her; blames me (mom) and never her dad, for...

View more questions Search