Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mge2306 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Is cat in labor?
    Im not sure when my cat is due? I know she is really close. All day yesterday her temp was below 99. About 5 this morning when I checked it it was at 100. I turned the thermometer off and on again just to make sure and it was at 99. Also last night she was breathing really hard and fast on and off and cleaning herself a lot, everywhere not just on her privates. I called off work today because her last litter she stopped pushing and I had to pull out the kittens. Is she in labor or did I make a mistake calling off work?:confused::confused:
    k3441 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2009, 07:10 AM

Regardless it was sweet of you to take the day off work for your cat. Sounds to me though she is going to have them really soon.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 08:10 AM

It sounds like she might be, laboured breathing is one of many signs... has she started making a 'nest'?
    That is another sign when they start making a bed to have her kittens in...

If she looks in too much discomfort please take her to the vet.

If she had trouble delivering the last litter best to get her spayed as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

LOOK is my cat in labor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my 7 weeks pregnant cat had a huge belly but now it looks as if the belly has shrunk, you can still see the kittens moving and she has been panting on and of for two days now, she has started nesting and keeps squatting is labor soon? Help

View more questions Search