Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdykes Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 05:48 AM
    System Freezes Anytime Application is Opened
    I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Compaq C700. Anytime I turn on the machine and open an application, it freezes and I have to power it down. This happens, for example opening IE, I also opend Control Panel and clicked on System Maintenance and it did it again.

Any suggestions?
    k3441 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2009, 07:13 AM

You may have to reformat your PC I think. I hate saying that because I myself have had issues and had to do it which takes forever! It did work for me though!
    harry_ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 10:43 PM

How much RAM does the computer have?
    Hard drive size? CPU speed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RCA RTD315W Home Theater System Freezes after its turned on [ 5 Answers ]

When I turn on my RCA RTD315W home theater system, it freezes up after the 'welcome'. It doesn't go any farther than that. I can't use the remote or even the buttons on the machine. It won't even turn off unless I unplug it. It's about 1 month old and was working fine one day, then the next......

I want to know you sings this song? Anytime anytime you need me anytime anytime you w [ 4 Answers ]

Anytime anytime you need me anytime anytime you want me I think its 80s rock

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. [ 3 Answers ]

Problem: I get the "not presently configured" message when I try to open any Office 2003 programs. Background: I recently had to reinstall Win XP on my Compaq desktop. Unable to locate my Compaq restore disk, I used the restore disk from my Dell laptop. XP successfully loaded on my D drive...

Roommate BF Anytime [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I recently moved into a condo with a roommate. Every since we moved in together, her boyfriend has been coming over & spending the night every week. Recently, we discussed some of the issues we had with living with each other. And one of my biggest issues brought to her attention is the...

View more questions Search