Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nova123 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 01:32 AM
    Constant diziness
    I am 44 yrs old female with 3 kids.
    I had vertigo atacks a couple of times in my life which made me very scared. I live with the fear now if it will come back.
    I had an attack in mid March. Since then I feel constantly sick. Dizzy, pressure in the head ,nausea , and fatigue. I cannot work , I cannot function properly.
    I visited a cardiologist, an ENT a neurologist, a GP , I had sessions of accupuncture , I went to a Psychatrist. Everybody sais its anxiety and a form of panic attack. I cannot accept this, I am sure there is something more to it more serious. I take a very small dose of Xanax every now and then whch doesn't seem to help.

Please any advice frm anyone to help me get my life back. Please please
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 03:52 AM

What situations are you in when these attacks come upon you ?

Tick

May 9, 2009, 03:58 AM

Thanks Tickle for answering back.
    Its all the time I feel this way. No matter what I do.The only time I feel better is when its time to go to sleep!!
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 04:00 AM

Nova, you may be making this out to be a lot worse then it is, or there is really an underlaying health problem. Has anyone done complete blood work on you yet ?

Tick

May 9, 2009, 04:02 AM

I have done 5 pages of blood tests. I asked them to do all tests possible. Everything came out fine
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 04:05 AM

Sorry I have to start at the top, Nova, asking questions. It is the only way to get at the root of the problem, so be patient.

You don't have any health issues such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, etc.

May 9, 2009, 04:08 AM

My blood pressure is usially 12/8 sometimes it goes to 13+ /9. the highest. No diabetes. As far as cardio problems, the cardiologist said I am perfectly normal. I don't know if I should trust them though.
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 04:14 AM

Nova, a doctor has nothing to gain by lying to you.

May 9, 2009, 04:17 AM

Tick I am not saying that the docs are lyng. I am saying that maybe they don't take me seriously and they don't do the necessary tests
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 04:20 AM

You have been to all the major doctors, Nova, I don't know what to say other then start all over again. Sit down with your GP (do you know him/her well?) and tell him you want to get to the bottom of it. Could be your Xanax is not strong enough dose. Can you discuss that with him ? Other meds maybe better? I imagine I am not telling you anything you haven't already thought of, right ?

My mom had many of your symptoms and she was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Her meds were eventually adjusted so she could function normally. She had the run of doctors too, but only difference she was geriatric, so a good geriatric doctor eventually helped her out.

May 9, 2009, 04:26 AM

I am sorry to hear abut your mom Tick. Does your profession have anything to do with these situations? Actually the psychiatrist which could not find anything wrong with me prescribed xanax 30mgr. I take half a pill of 25mgr. So maybe that's why they don't work

May 9, 2009, 04:35 AM

My GP which I know for ever insists its anxiety and phobias
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 07:05 AM

Nova, I deal with many different illnesses, all of them unfortunately long term in seniors who I care for.

Please try the full dosage of the meds that doctor prescribed. Anything, at this point where you are, is worth a try.

Keep in touch and let us know if the full dosage is doing any good. I would imagine it would take 24 hours to find out.

Tick
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 09:25 AM

I went to doctors for years and they always told me that nothing was wrong with me.
    The past year and a half I got worse with menopause. I would get attacks of dizzy (more light headed than dizzy), hot flashes and my heart would feel like it was being crushed (worse than anxiety attacks).
    I had adrenaline exhaust.

Have they checked to see if you have a hormonal imbalance, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia? Many doctors don't even believe there is such a thing as chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia

I went to an alternative dr/chiropractor a month ago and found that I needed my spine aligned and needed to take an adrenaline support supplement. I am doing a lot better now.

Here are the altenative drs/chiropractors that I went to. You might find their sites really helpful. Read through them.

Pompa Health Solutions - Chiropractic

Your Body By God

May 9, 2009, 09:56 AM

Thank you nohelp4u for sharing your story . I was thinking of a chiropract , I went to so many doctors why not one more? I checked my hormones in the blood work I did , and evrything was fine
    MJDisneyDork Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 07:59 PM

hm. Sorry to hear about your story nova. I wouldn't quit though and just accept adrenaline... fibromyalgia is touchy too... my dad was diagnosed with every simply little explanation possible.. til he was finally diagnose 40 years later with lymes diseas that teams up with a rare spine condition to make him the way he is... so tickle.. doctors don't have any reason to lie to us.. but sometimes they just don't have an understanding or they just don't care enough to check through and through.. so don't give up nova. I'll be praying for you ^_^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant better? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 19 year old female. 5'4 and approx 115-116 lbs. Workout 7 days a week: Run every day and have a set schedule for the rest of my workout. I was quite in shape for a while but then got out of my groove for a few months and I feel horrible about the way I look right now. My Running routine is a...

Constant erections [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here is the thing, I am always finding myself with and erection and I can't help it. I masturbate often but it still doesn't help. And I always get them for no apparent reaon at all? What should I do?

Constant Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I lost my job about a month ago and it seems like every since then I get headaches everyday. I get migraines but these headaches are different. I just don't know if I should be worried or not. I have a 3 year old little boy that I take care of now that I am not working and it makes it really hard...

Acceleration Constant [ 1 Answers ]

A bolt comes loose from the bottom of an elevator that is moving upward at a speed of 6.04 m/s. The bolt reaches the bottom of the elevator shaft in 4.30 s. How high up was the elevator when the bolt came loose?

Constant acceleration [ 2 Answers ]

Hey help me with this question :o A body moving with constant accelertion and starting from rest covers 9m in the eighth second. Find the acceleration Thankss:)

View more questions Search