Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    realistic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Detox and cleanse naturally
    I am a newer vegitarian/vegan who is just trying to ditch the chemical filled box food for a raw diet but every time I try to ditch those foods I get sick! I haven't eaten meat for over a year now and that process got me on iron pills because of anemia. Just a few months ago I cut milk for soy and now I have calcium pills and joint pains and this is on top of my multi vitamin and a b100 pill I take daily. I have been eating box foods for so long and I dotn want to become a rabit and only eat carrots but I also don't want to have all this excess weight and bad skin/hair and even my eyes seem to have darkened over the years of unhealthy eating habits. I really want to ditch the pills and the medicine and learn how to detox naturally and how to avoid getting sick while keeping my vegitarian ways. Since yogurt is out of the question.. I don't know what subsitute for the good bacteria found in yogurt can be eaten. If anyone has advice how to eat food without so many issues it would be greatly appreciated. The last step depending on the advice I get would just be water and celery. (anorexia) really it's the least complicated way. Jk:eek:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 12:32 PM

It is important that vegetarians get not only protein but also carnitine. Also make sure you are getting a good balance of vitamins and minerals and trace minerals.
    It can take up to two weeks or more for your body to detox so you could get headaches and feel sick that whole time depending on how badly you need to detox.
    Also make sure you are drinking good water and not tap water.

This site has some of the best supplements you can get anywhere

http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.co...-research.html

This site is really informative too if they have worked on it... last time I read through it it didn't have much
    Pompa Health Solutions - Welcome to Pompa Health Solutions!
    Rushed19 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 07:36 PM

Well first of all you should definitely kick start a good diet with detox, it will make you feel amazing. I would suggest investing in a juicer!! They are amazing because you get all of the nutrients and natural antioxidants and enzymes from the food with out eating all of it, and it is much easier for the liver to detox the juice rather than all the food that goes along with it. However when making juices be sure to drink with in the hour of making it or it will go bad and get sugary, go to detox.org for some recipes, and don't detox on juicing longer than about a week. Also you need a probiotic in your diet if your not eating yogurt. Go to your local health food store a good one, jarrow formulas makes some good ones. They are often but not always refrigerated. Then don't cut out boxed foods completely, or you might go crazy but every time you have a serving size try eating a piece of fresh fruit or veggies with it to help the pure alive enzymes digest your food better.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 07:48 PM

Sounds like you need to relook your veggie diet to pick up the other items you may need.

If you are having to add a lot of pills to make up for things you are not getting, your diet is not right.
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 22, 2009, 11:59 PM

Just an FYI, you can make yogurt from soy milk. You can get a soy milk maker and it comes with a recipe for yogurt! If I can find a recipe soon I will post it for you. I have plans to get the soy milk maker because it is so much cheaper than buying soy milk. I am trying to convert to vegetarian. Not Vegan. I take the supplements for now until I get better at balancing a healthy diet.All I read says to take it slow. Like the other posts tell you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colon Cleanse [ 9 Answers ]

I'm not sure that this would be the appropriate place to post this. But here goes. I've watched an informercial (that's what happens when you stay up late) and it was about Cleansing your Colon. I know that there are some benefits to cleansing your colon. The one that really caught my...

Colon Cleanse [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone used ever used colon cleanse ? I been wanting to try it but I don't know anything about it. If anyone has used it before please let me know. Thanks Camper Girl

Master cleanse-lemon detox [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody tried the master cleanse/lemon detox diet... I heard it works and as I´m going to be arriving back in the States chunkier than I was I would like to give it a try when I get back.

Cleanse a home [ 5 Answers ]

How do you cleanse a home with sage and candles?

View more questions Search